cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Road conditions US15 in PA

Salty_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
I asked earlier about I81 in PA and now wondering if US-15 may be in better condition. Has anyone traveled that route recently and what were the conditions of the road? Thanks, Mike
Wife, kids, somebody else's kids, dog, kitchen sink

Cleverly disguised as an adult.
2 REPLIES 2

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
I can only speak to the northern third and the southern third. Rt. 15 north from Williamsport to the NY line is in excellent condition. From the junction with Rt. 581 in Harrisburg south to the Mason-Dixon Line is also good. There are a few portions just above Gettysburg that may have some "cratering" in the concrete slabs but nothing you can't avoid.

The last time I drove Rt. 15 from Williamsport south to I-80 was in March of 2012. It's a nice drive but you have a number of intersections and traffic lights in S. Williamsport and again around the Allenwood area.

Enjoy & safe travels.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

nypatnva
Explorer
Explorer
Been about 6 months but Rt15 is great from Lawrenceville pa (not sure if Rt15 from Lawrenceville pa to Corning is finished yet!?) to the Virginia state line then it turns into a 2 lane to 29 in Va.
Living in Va., I usually take 522 to Culpepper Va and stay on rt15 to
Corning NY and rt14 to Geneva, NY. Nice reasonably slow trip.
We always stop over night at Pinchot State Park in Pa.
2016 dodge ram
champion generator 1978 Serro Scotty Highlander (restored)