Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route Canon City, CO to Moab, UT

Tony_DiannesRV
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all-
We are on our cross-country trip (finally!)
We are based here in a campground off Rte 50 in Canon City now. Next stop is Moab, UT. If we take 50W all the way to I70 in Grand Junction and then into Utah, is there anything we should be concerned about regarding steep passes? We are towing a 30' 5'er with a 2015 2500 Sierra gas.

If this is not the best route, is there a better route? We are concerned about mountain passes and safety the most; not so much about the time. The weather ahead looks great for travel.
Thanks in advance, Tony
2004 28' H.R. Alumascape named Maude
2008 GMC 2500 P/U
5 Grown Kids/5 Adorable Grandaughters & 1 Prince grandson
16 REPLIES 16

Tony_DiannesRV
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the quick reply.
We are basing ourselves in several CO areas and staying an average of 6 nights at each and doing day trips to see what's in the area. We wanted to hit Moab before it got too hot out there! But back into CO again to stay in Dolores next.
2004 28' H.R. Alumascape named Maude
2008 GMC 2500 P/U
5 Grown Kids/5 Adorable Grandaughters & 1 Prince grandson

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Tony&DiannesRV wrote:
Hi all-
We are on our cross-country trip (finally!)
We are based here in a campground off Rte 50 in Canon City now. Next stop is Moab, UT. If we take 50W all the way to I70 in Grand Junction and then into Utah, is there anything we should be concerned about regarding steep passes? We are towing a 30' 5'er with a 2015 2500 Sierra gas.

If this is not the best route, is there a better route? We are concerned about mountain passes and safety the most; not so much about the time. The weather ahead looks great for travel.
Thanks in advance, Tony

I'd think that is the only logical route - should be a fun, and beautiful drive - Lot's of great side trips if you are interested.

If Moab is the ultimate destination try to remember getting off on Exit 214 in Utah onto Rt 128 for the drive along the Colorado River into Moab.

If you are interested you really might visit many of the sights along the route.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach