cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

san juan islands

chilly123
Explorer
Explorer
The wife and I are heading to the san Juan islands next month. Has anybody taken their rig up there? Just seeing if anybody had any issues. We have already booked a spot. Any advise on what to see
6 REPLIES 6

chilly123
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all, already booked for the ferry, this sounds like it will be an epic trip.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Do a Google search for `San Juan Islands' and read what the experts have to recommend for their location.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

outdoorlovers
Explorer
Explorer
We took our truck and 30' 5th wheel on the ferry last summer to Friday Harbor in the San Juan Islands. No problem at all and wasn't nearly as expensive as we had calculated. I think the round trip was $300. Line up early and you'll have a preferred spot on the ferry at the front. Be sure you have a reservation with the WA Dept. of Trans website.
2012 Dodge Ram 2500, Cummins turbo diesel, 6 speed, 4X4, tow package
2014 Jayco FW Eagle HT 26.5 RLS
Yamaha EF2400iS gen

pfidahospud
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
If you are taking toad, you may want to disconnect. It could save you some big dollars. Go to WSDOT.com to get fare.

X2 Check out Washington Park as a possible base from which to explore the islands, if that ends up meeting your needs. Nice park.

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
What island are you going to? What type or RV? San Juan is only one I have ever taken an RV to. Have sailed to many others when we had the sailboat. Even then travel was limited and done by toad. That was when we had a Class "C". Wouldn't think of taking current rig there. Would probable stay at Pioneer Trails or Fidalgo in Anacortes and take toad on ferry.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
If you are taking toad, you may want to disconnect. It could save you some big dollars. Go to WSDOT.com to get fare.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker