cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saturday morning forecast -50*C

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, everybody that is out of Saskatoon stay away and anyone that can leave should go now.No kidding that is the forecast and as you know anything over - 40 F and C are the same,it just doesn't matter.Be careful and safe people,and don't forget to fill your propane tanks.lol.
36 REPLIES 36

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
We have a whole bunich of people...guys mostly, that are in the north with the resource craze and we ran out of rental housing months ago, soooo..they are in their RV's. Campers, trailers, fifths, A's and C's. Now, it is only -9 in Kitimat, minus 11 in Terrace and minus 27 in Burns Lake. Makes me very grateful to not be in mine, this time of year. I know a guy on the prairies that is living in his, at your -45 or whatever it is.

Gary haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Less_Stuff
Explorer
Explorer
Take care we've lived through -30F, then moved.

Rats I was hoping for more from global warming!
DG
Former user name: "Lots of Stuff"
2015 RAM 1500 V6 8 speed
Regular cab short bed 2 wheel drive.
Leer 180 Topper

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
Ah yes I should have stated that the temp. forecast was windchill degrees,kind of thought that was what everyone used to determine comfort now.The other nice thing is that the days will start getting longer in a little over 2 weeks.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
A number of years back I flew into a remote northern mining camp. They had a list of dates and temp's written on the plywood next to the interior / exterior reading thermometer.

I remarked on a -53 C record from a few years earlier. The mine manager just smiled and said "Meh, that's only 60 or 70 degrees away from being a real nice day. It was a really SUNY calm day though, it was a little cold, but nice."

I was very glad the temp was in the + teens and sunny when I was there!

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
Oops! Had a senior moment there. Forgot that I ain't got no Canadian friends from the interior.

GM
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Windsor,Ontario(the Florida of Canada, where I cut my grass on the 2nd of Dec.)at 0745 hours it's 30 F outside. Yesterday it was 50 some odd degrees. Just saying......
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
To all my Canadian friends from the interior:
I hate all of you now.

GM
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.

bradyk
Explorer
Explorer
4:50 AM here in Calgary. Cold.......

Temperature:
-27.1ยฐC
Dewpoint:
-30.9ยฐC
Humidity:
71%
Wind:
NNW 20 km/h
Wind Chill:
2001 Chevrolet 2500hd Silverado LT 4x4 6.0L/4.10
2005 KZ Outdoorsmen 2605PF
Equal-i-zer 10K WDH
Champion 4000W Generator
Champion 2000W Generator x 2
Ken & Sandra
Yugi Dog, Jet Dog

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi,

11:00 p.m.

-32 C, -26 f

Windchill

-43 C, -45 f

Better break out the extension cords. Your going to need them. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
As any motorcyclist knows: there is no bad weather, only the wrong clothes.

Reporting wind chill in terms of a "feels like" temperature rather than the heat loss index we used to use is a form of weather "drama".

What we can't figure out is why global warming conferences are never held outdoors in the Gordie Howe Bowl in Saskatoon of a fine sunny day like today.

trigley
Explorer
Explorer
I think you are referring to wind chill as forecasts I see are in mid -30's C. That won'take you feel much better if you are out in it but not quite as tough on vehicles, equipment etc. I would think -50C would pretty much shut everything down. I don't think I have seen -50C in my long life in AB SK & NWT & hope I never do. It is in the record books though. I have seen worse wind chills unfortunately.

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
mustangglp wrote:
I live in central California this morning when got up 12 degrees f lol they said was coming from Canada

We're about 800 miles north of you and it wasn't this part of Canada that is sending you this cold weather as we were only 30F this morning.
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

11:00 p.m.

-32 C, -26 f

Windchill

-43 C, -45 f
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are only too happy to share with our brethren to the south.:B Why should we have all the fun?

mustangglp
Explorer
Explorer
I live in central California this morning when got up 12 degrees f lol they said was coming from Canada
Gary