cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thermopolis, Wyoming

rkassl
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone been in this area of Wyoming and if so any RV park you could recommend to stay at or stay away from? Looks like an interesting area to visit this summer.

Thanks
2015 Montana 3440RL Legacy Edition
PullRite Super 5th 20K hitch
Morryde Pin Box
Dish Tailgater and King Tailgater Satellite Systems
2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 SRW CC full bed
7 REPLIES 7

45_ACP
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Try Eagle RV Park...we barely fit into their sites but as long as you're in, you're in...only a mile or so from the hot springs. About $30/night with GS discount....clean park...Dennis

I second this recommendation. While we only overnighted here in 2013, we also had a pleasant experience.
2012 Ford F-350 6.7L 4x4 Lariat CC DRW
A 2008-2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus is in our future...

bradnailer
Explorer
Explorer
I used to have to go there with work quite a bit. As was mentioned, the Wind River Canyon is quite incredible. The hot springs are nice as well. Not sure if it is still there but the Holiday Inn had an incredible collection of wild game mountings and photos. I think the owner was a big hunt and kill guy.

Pretty easy drive from there up to Cody.
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS
Prior: Jayco Pop Up, Shasta Bunkhouse, Rockwood Pop Up

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try Eagle RV Park...we barely fit into their sites but as long as you're in, you're in...only a mile or so from the hot springs. About $30/night with GS discount....clean park...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Cyborgie
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about camping butt my husband says he would take me to visit in a minute.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
I thought the built up mound of minerals from the fountain on the main street was neat, but it doesn't take much to amuse me.:B
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Don't blink or you will miss the whole town. They have a park on one end of town with a couple of buffalo. Probably the highlight would be the drive through the wind river canyon. Camping along the wind river for a day or two might be interesting. Not sure I would make it a high lighted trip from Wisconsin. We go through Thermop because it is the shortest gateway to I-80 from NW WY.

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
There are 3 I think in the area. They are not big ones, but the one to the south requires reservations, the other to the north I dont know. We stayed at the one in town, has little to offer other than a parking area with hookups along the main street. We would stay there again and may if we go back. The owner also had the mexican restaurant in town and grows her own vegetables at the rv park. Its all fenced in to keep deer out!

The hot springs run by the state are free (30 min) time limit however. The commercial one across the street you can stay all day with a come go pass. Not much sight seeing in the area just a good place to stop and rest for a couple of days. There is/was a small buffalo herd just outside of town, nothing spectacular.