Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Traveling to Canada,need info

ccmacon
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks in advance for help,
Will be traveling to Pincher creek,Alberta, in about 2 weeks,,crossing at SweetGrass,
34'fifth wheel,I have passport ,will I need anything else,is there a better place to cross?
Thanks
20012, 34' Sunnybrook 5er,2005 Chevy 2500 duramax
20 REPLIES 20

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Read the rules and comply as best you can. Take off your hat, hand them passports or equivalent and answer directly the questions they ask. Don't volunteer any additional information.

Don't worry it's not like you're going to a foreign country - Ohh that's right you're going to Canada a foreign country.

Fill up before crossing the border and understand how fast 80km is.

Our Visa card has no Canadian transaction fees unlike our AMEX - guess which one we use in Canada?

Have a great trip - We're thinking of Vancouver this summer and Alaska next year.

Likely they will ask you about firewood and guns - don't have any. You can take limited alcohol.

Food varies as the winds blow. One time we could not bring tomatoes and green onions into the US where we bought them - regulation went into effect that day. Agent scratched our cat and never asked about her shots etc.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
Orion wrote:
Yes I'm sure that you know the height of your unit in feet, but do you know what it is in metres, as all the height signs in Canada are in metres! Is 10' 6" very high? ๐Ÿ™‚

3.2 meters
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I'm sure that you know the height of your unit in feet, but do you know what it is in metres, as all the height signs in Canada are in metres! Is 10' 6" very high? ๐Ÿ™‚
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!

ccmacon
Explorer
Explorer
Height is 10'6", no pets ,no firearms,didn't know if needed anything special pulling Rv

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
Couple of things not mentioned would be medical insurance and the height of your unit in metres.
Are you going anywhere else other than Pincher Creek? You have some spectacular scenery not too far away!
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked all the rules and regulations regarding crossing the border? You need to know all the rules for items like pets, firearms, alcohol, tobacco products, food items, luxury items, etc. Do your research now, and avoid pitfalls when you cross.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)