cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tucumcari New Mexico to Springer New Mexico Roads

TDHEX
Explorer
Explorer
Have any of you taken the route from Tucumcari to Springer via US 54 to State Highway 39 up to US 54 to Springer. We are going to Red River New Mexico via Tucumcari and was looking at that as a shorter route than going all of the way to I25 North off of I40. The part from Tucumcari to US 56 looks kind of isolated, but was shorter. There will be two Units, a 32' Class c, and a 39' Toy hauler. Do you see any potential problems? Thanks in advance for any responses.
4 REPLIES 4

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
TDHEX wrote:
Thanks for the replies, I think we may just try that route this year, it will be something different. Magnusfied, I hope the reminder of Tucumcari is a pleasant one. The funny thing is I lived in Dallas for 20 years. Stay safe in your travels.

Back at ya. Fair weather and good roads for you. Yep, good memories from decades ago.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

TDHEX
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies, I think we may just try that route this year, it will be something different. Magnusfied, I hope the reminder of Tucumcari is a pleasant one. The funny thing is I lived in Dallas for 20 years. Stay safe in your travels.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
TDHEX wrote:
Have any of you taken the route from Tucumcari to Springer via US 54 to State Highway 39 up to US 54 to Springer. We are going to Red River New Mexico via Tucumcari...

Now you have "Willin'" playing in my brain.

I been warped by the rain, driven by the snow
I'm drunk and dirty, don't you know
But I'm still willin'

Out on the road late last night
I'd see my pretty Alice in every headlight
Alice, Dallas Alice

And I've been from Tucson to Tucumcari
Tehachapi to Tonopah
Driven every kind of rig that's ever been made
Driven the back roads so I wouldn't get weighed
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

USARMYCW
Explorer
Explorer
It's been a few years but I did go that route pulling a 5th wheel. There were no problems. The road was smooth and didn't have any steep grades.