cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Turned back at border

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Just on the news in Canada. a BC couple with Mexican residency cards were refused entry into the US.. They turned around to go back which meant they were in the uS for 30 seonds. Thye have now been ordered into quarantine for 2 weeks.
27 REPLIES 27

Talleyho69
They can fly down if it's important to them.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
There were many Americans that abused Canada's kindness. They went to Banff and other tourist areas. One couple paid a big fine.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
X2, Ed Gee!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
valhalla360 wrote:
Ed_Gee wrote:
The border has been closed for many months. Where has this couple been - hiding in some cave? I have little sympathy for this situation.

Stupidity all around.
- They waited until 2 weeks before they had to renew the residency in person.
- They didn't confirm with the US boarder that they would be let in (did they check with the Mexican border?)
- Sounds like the US Border is in retribution mode over Canada's approach to border control.
- Canada Border just comes across as power mad.

I think Canada has been pretty fair. They allow Alaskans to transverse Canada to get home and possibly back to the lower 48 if necessary.
As I understand they are given a specific route to travel and a tight time line to exit at a specific border crossing typically Blaine Peace Arch crossing.
There is a related story of a US couple that stopped in Vancouver for a little vacation time, in the news story..
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Ed_Gee wrote:
The border has been closed for many months. Where has this couple been - hiding in some cave? I have little sympathy for this situation.

Stupidity all around.
- They waited until 2 weeks before they had to renew the residency in person.
- They didn't confirm with the US boarder that they would be let in (did they check with the Mexican border?)
- Sounds like the US Border is in retribution mode over Canada's approach to border control.
- Canada Border just comes across as power mad.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
navegator wrote:
They should contact the Mexican embassy in Canada and explain what happened and ask for an extension of time due to the circumstances on the renewal of the paperwork!

The virus is real!

And it kills!

navegator

I emailed the reporter and asked him to get in touch with them, They may be unaware of the 55 day grace period to renew.

Ed_Gee
Explorer
Explorer
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
They should contact the Mexican embassy in Canada and explain what happened and ask for an extension of time due to the circumstances on the renewal of the paperwork!

The virus is real!

And it kills!

navegator

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stupidity reigns
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69 wrote:
Can you provide a link to that information please?

https://globalnews.ca/news/7390454/canadians-denied-entry-forced-to-quarantine/

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
It was on Global News at 6 in Vancouver. It may be on the web in hour or so. I saw it live.

Talleyho69
Can you provide a link to that information please?