cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbelievable luck

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
After weeks of stressing somewhat over having to drive around the Washington DC Beltway we did it today & it was a breeze.

Departed Martinak SP, on the Chesapeake Eastern Shore late morning expecting to be part of the end of weekend rush to get back to the DC & Baltimore area.

Sailed over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, notorious for creeping slow downs, blasted through Annapolis, another usual clog. Driving was grand. When will the luck end? Hit the Beltway, which was busyish but flying along. Went all the way around to Tysons Corner area. No slow downs. Hit the only slow down on I66 a little west of Manassas & that was not bad.

Where was Murphy today? He was not riding with us.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995
5 REPLIES 5

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Glad all went well as far as Rt. 66 goes I think there is always a slow down in that area.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Sunday, non-peak season. Glad all went well.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

darlingtontrio
Explorer
Explorer
Those are some aweful areas to drive in a car, I can understand why you were worried about driving in a RV.
2013 Ford F150 STX
2001 Jayco Kiwi Hybrid 23B

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Glad you ran the gauntlet without incident.

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
We've only been to the east coast twice but, ya know it was Sunday! We try to go through big cities on Sunday, when possible.