cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

10 days in Utah in June

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
What are your top three or four places to see in Utah in June?

We won't be jeeping, hiking, or riding horses. Mostly I'd like to hear about great towns and scenery. A little someplace to walk around in the day, and then a great place to camp. Which of the NP's are at the top of your list?

Dry campsite ideas are welcome too. We are driving a 25 foot Class C.

This could be as little as 2 or 3 stops total, or we could make a handful of two-day stops. Whatever seems good.

Thanks!

(I'll be cutting and pasting similar questions for some other states.)
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
5 REPLIES 5

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
Springdale, by Zion. There is a bus that you can ride for free through town and to the park. Nice little town. Beautiful area.
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:
What are your top three or four places to see in Utah in June?

We won't be jeeping, hiking, or riding horses. Mostly I'd like to hear about great towns and scenery. A little someplace to walk around in the day, and then a great place to camp. Which of the NP's are at the top of your list?

Dry campsite ideas are welcome too. We are driving a 25 foot Class C.

This could be as little as 2 or 3 stops total, or we could make a handful of two-day stops. Whatever seems good.

Thanks!

(I'll be cutting and pasting similar questions for some other states.)

If you followed my other post on Colorado - I brought you out of Colorado to I-70 then RT 128 into Moab - from Moab I'd take you to Monument Valley - then to Page/Lake Powell - on to the North Rim - then if you can just head back to Zion - Bryce - Kodachrome - Escalante - RT 12 _ Goblins - Capital Reef - or you could go counter clockwise and come out in the south at the North Rim and Page.

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Cdash
Explorer
Explorer
Never mind....

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on bhoth's suggestions. In addition to Arches, the Island in the Sky portion of Canyonlands NP is nearby. Also We love the drive on route 128 out of Moab as far as Fisher Towers. The road is alongside the Colorado River and in a canyon. Feels somewhat like driving at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.

After Goblin Valley, drive route 24 through Capital Reef NP and pick up route 12 to Bryce Canyon. Route 12 is a spectacular drive. However, there was a post yesterday that a landslide took out a section of route 12 near Bryce, leaving only one lane open. Before you go that way, check current conditions.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

bhoth
Explorer
Explorer
Arches (Moab), Goblin Valley, Bryce National Park, Zions National Park

Goblin Valley is not a full day but it's pretty cool.