cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

$600 per Month

John_I_Haggerty
Explorer
Explorer
We're needing to find a campsite for 3 months, June thru August. For now I'm thinking $600 per month. I'd like to be within about 600 miles from Tampa maximum. What can be found for that price? Expecting a decent private campground. Thanks!
2008 Keystone Cougar 31BHS

2008 Ram 3500 Laramie Quad Cab 4x4
Inferno Red, Khaki leather, CTD, 68RFE
Trailer tow, Anti-spin, Sunroof, Tube steps, DVD based GPS, etc...
11 REPLIES 11

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of things going for you, price-wise. You're going June thru August, so the snowbirds that hide from winter are on their way home by then. And if you stay along the west coast you'll find lower prices. US 19 doesn't hug the gulf coast like I-95 does on the Atlantic coast. But its a short drive to the Gulf beaches and they aren't nearly as crowded.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget June through August is Hurricane season in Florida.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Sable Palm $400 plus Electric

Citrus Hill RV Park $380 + Electric

Happy Traveler
$450.00 (Plus tax and electric.)

Many, Many more in the Tampa area and all over Florida for around those price in the summer.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
John I Haggerty wrote:
We're needing to find a campsite for 3 months, June thru August. For now I'm thinking $600 per month. I'd like to be within about 600 miles from Tampa maximum. What can be found for that price? Expecting a decent private campground. Thanks!

Like posted before 'summer' in Florida is a real killer in a MH.

I would NOT stay below Ocala during the summer months. Florida has a couple of very distinct weather climates.

North Central is a bit cooler and always has a breeze. Which also keeps the mosquitoes away. Below Ocala expect real high temps and zero breezes and mosquitoes 24/7's.

Crystal River, Rainbow Springs is a good place to look. Close to the coast and always seems to have a breeze and the nights are always cooler. Rock Crusher seems to get the most best reviews.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Blythe Island Regional Park & Campground in Brunswick, GA is $500 per month + taxes. It's a county run campground, but it has full hook-ups, cable & free WiFi. Lots of trees, so satellite tv probably won't get signal unless you are along the lake. Lots of trees means lots of shade and that would be a good thing in June, July and August in Coastal GA. It's a little over 4 hours at the speed limit w/o traffic to Tampa, just about 275 miles.

Coastal GA RV Resort, also in Brunswick, GA is $600/month + tax. This is a private campground also with full hook up, cable & WiFi. Small trees, so satellite tv wouldn't be a problem. No trees also means no shade. This is about 4 miles closer to Tampa.

Both campgrounds are off exit 29 of I-95 in Brunswick, GA. 20 Minutes to Jekyll Island, almost 30 minutes to St. Simons Island. Just over an hour to Savannah, GA and just under an hour to Jacksonville, FL.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
600 miles from Tampa gets you all of Florida and a little bit of Alabama & Georgia too. For the summer I would try for something close to the coast and the Atlantic coast tends to be breezier and not as buggy as the Gulf. Look southward from about St. Mary's, GA to St. Augustine or Ormond Beach. The Gulf coast tends to be cheaper though. lizzie

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you like hot, humid weather. That time of year here you can smell the grass burn. If so, welcome to sunny Florida.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

Bill1374
Explorer
Explorer
Rock Crusher in Crystal River shows low season rates as $568 a month. Nice park. Its my winter home.
KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

sweetnoni
Explorer
Explorer
Carefree Shell Creek Resort--$650 a month. Nice park. Near Punta Gorda and Acadia.

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
A few years back we spent about 6 months at the Natures Resort RV Park in Homosassa FL I just checked their web site and they are showing $500 a month and $600 a month for sites on the water. When we stayed there electricity was on top of the monthly, but the rate then was $450 a month. We enjoyed the area, not far north of Tampa, very laid back part of the state. We also enjoy staying at Rock Crusher RV park in the same general area . They would be worth checking with also.
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Hide A way Resort Ruskin is $710 that is a good rate in that area for a great campground
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks