cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arizona State Parks

06ViewH
Explorer
Explorer
Question: When you camp at an Arizona State Park, do you pay the Entrance Fee AND the Camping Fee -- or does the Camping Fee include the Entrance Fee?
Meyer Meyer - 2006 Winnebago View / 2008 22 C-Dory

Recent travel map: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=a07a538ddea1dca24
6 REPLIES 6

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Must have changed at Picacho - I was there November 28 - Dec 1 and the entrance fee was included in the $25.00 per night charge. There was a $5.00 one time reservation fee. Same with Buckskin Mountain, Lost Dutchman, Cattail Cove, Kartchner Caverns, and Catalina...

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
We have reservations at Catalina SP north of Tucson for end of January. No entrance fee; just camping. I just called Catalina as well - entrance is included in camping.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

mrnoyb
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Buckskin Mountain State Park North of Parker in November and only paid the nightly camping fee. There are additional fees which may or may not be applicable depending on the number of people & vehicles you're traveling with.

RWDIII
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
It's included in the camping fee.

Not true now
Picacho Peak $7 to enter $25 for camping space.
Electric only

I was given bad info.
OLD 2006 F150 4wd 7200gvw,Lt275-65-18,Scan Guage,Garmin,flowmaster,load levelers,Firestone work rites Bronco 800

NEW 2015 F250 Scab 4wd 10000 gvw, 6.2 Scan guage,Garmin,work rites,3200 lb load,1800lb Palomino Backpack SS1200

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
That's a very good question -- some states include it in the camping fees, some states "Add it on" ... South Dakota for one - $6 per day. Mass includes it in the camping fee, for examples.

So, it always a good idea to check any time you're planning a camping budget Think about it - $6 extra is $180 a month -- that buys a lot of fuel.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
It's included in the camping fee.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome