cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Baseball & Camping

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Last year I was fortunate enough to camp at Fort De Soto Park while watching my favorite team in a series against the Tampa Bay Rays. Since the Rays don't draw that well, good seats were easily available, and Fort De Soto is a campground that justifies a trip by itself. Tropicana Field may not be a great stadium, but since it was a dome we didn't have to worry about rainouts. And the drive from the campground to ballpark was reasonable.

This year our schedule may be limited to spring training (Jetty Park in Cape Canaveral, FL while watching Washington Nationals, my 2nd favorite team), but I'm wondering if anyone has other campground & Major League Baseball combinations that they'd recommend. I'd like to go back to Fort De Soto, but would consider other trips that combined a good campground with baseball.
2013 RT 190-Popular
5 REPLIES 5

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
My dream summer is to camp around the US, catching a game in each stadium. I am so far out from being able to do this that I haven't researched campgrounds. The only time I get to see a MLB game live now is if there's a conference I need to go to for work in a MBL city with the team home while I am there. Looks like I might get to see Milwaukee at Philadelphia this year. Have fun!
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking more in terms of regular season games (perhaps not stated all that clearly), but all info is helpful. Florida is tough to beat for the combination of baseball & campgrounds worth the trip on their own, but I was hoping to explore additional options in the years ahead.
2013 RT 190-Popular

NashTT
Explorer
Explorer
Bradenton--watch the Pirates. You could even stay at Ft. DeSoto, not really a great distance away or try one of many private parks around Bradenton.
"The opposite of Progress is Congress"
2013 Nash 23F
2008 Doge Big Horn Hemi Quad Cab 3.92
Reese 1000 bars-Prodigy Brake control
Jill, the crazy Rat Terrier always along

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Camp in/near Lakeland and go watch the Detroit Tigers!
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

JupiterRT
Explorer
Explorer
Jonathan Dickinson State Park in Hobe Sound....and visit Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter (Cardinals and Marlins both are based there for Spring Training)