cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best campground apps

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
What are the best apps to locate campgrounds and to get good info. on the ammenities , price range, etc. I am especially interested in those which favor or are even exclusively for public campgrounds; Nat'l parks and forests, state parks, and USACE. Also good would be apps just for state parks or just for USACE??
Jayco-noslide
11 REPLIES 11

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
All Stays, RV PArky, Good Sam and RVParkreviews.

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
We much prefer the publicly-owned campgrounds and also boondocking sites on BLM and USFS land. We have found The Ultimate Public Campground Project to be the most comprehensive, with over 28,000 locations. It includes LOTS of places that we have not found in any other resource.

WxToad
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like RVPR & use it as a first stop for the reviews. Trouble is, many CGs are not listed or the most recent review is very old. Not the fault of RVPR. The fault of those of us who do not bother to post a review.

Failing getting what I amm looking for in RVPR the next stop is Allstays. Don't think that much exists that is not listed there.

For on the road info, provided there is cell service of course, RVParky seems quite comprehensive.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
RV Park Reviews, easy to use web site, 250k reviews online.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

wecamp04
Explorer
Explorer
I like rv parky

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
horizon36 wrote:
I use RV Park Reviews and AllStays.
...I find AllStays Camp&RV to do everything all the other ones do... and better...
Allstays and RV Park Reviews are good, however no one site has every campground/RV Park. I know of numerous RV parks that are not listed in Allstays and/or RV Park Reviews. This seems to be especially true for small town city parks, wildlife management areas and other local government agencies.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
horizon36 wrote:

I find AllStays Camp&RV to do everything all the other ones do... and better. It provides one click access to RVParkReviews to further look at detailed reviews and then one click back to the program. Same with satellite views and other info. It has tremendous filtering capability to allow you to see only what you want to see on the map. I use AllStays Camp&RV on my iPad.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

horizon36
Explorer
Explorer
Live Long and Prosper.

Home is where we park it.
FT since August 2010

'02 Itasca Horizon 36LD
'02 Jeep GC toad

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
U.S. Campgrounds
National Forest Campground Guide just covers National Forest campgrounds
Ultimate Public Campground Project includes local, county, state and federal campgrounds
Corps of Engineers Campgrounds covers just COE campgrounds
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
RV Park Reviews has been my "go to" for the past 10 years.

Yelp also has reviews from folks who have stayed in the popular campgrounds.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam website is what I use to find campgrounds. I also look at RV Park Reviews to narrow down my choice.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE