cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Between Charleston SC & Savanah GA

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
We've been wanting to head to the ocean in the winter time and wanted to know which is the best ocean front State Park to stay at between these two locations? Also, what is the weather like there during January and February? Thanks!!
God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
11 REPLIES 11

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
Loving God's Country! wrote:
Between Hunting and Edisto, which has the best sites on the ocean?

IMHO Edisto. The downsides to Edisto, as I mentioned in an earlier post, are lousy water at the campsites and a long tote tank haul to the dump station.

Overall Hunting Island is a better choice. If you are all about the beach then it's Edisto.
Larry

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Between Hunting and Edisto, which has the best sites on the ocean?

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
SC's Edisto Beach SP is one of our favorites.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all so much!!

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
We live close to Hunting Island.
January and February can vary between lows in the 30's to highs near 80.
Water temp at the beach too cold for us. Plenty to see and do in the area.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Roadpilot wrote:
Hunting Island is the best by far.

I'll also agree, HI is fabulous and during the winter, it is just awesome. We go during the summer, but we've also been for Thanksgiving week, spring break, but our best time was during January.

It is "usually" in the mid 60s during the day and then drops to the high 30s at night.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
RedGATitan wrote:
Hunting Island State Park. Trails to walk, a lighthouse to climb and a nature center. Nearby is Beufort, SC with shops and restaurants and Hilton Head island with more of the same. I'm not sure what will be open that time of year. As far as weather. It could be 40 one day and 70 the next.

Double ditto.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ljr
Explorer III
Explorer III
Roadpilot wrote:

Overall, I agree.

Personally I prefer the beach at Edisto. The drawbacks are horrible water at the campsites and a looong tote tank haul on a highway to the dump station.
Larry

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

Gavin60
Explorer
Explorer
I have been from NC below Wilmington to Edisto Island in Decemeber, the water temp is around 58-61 on average...its nice on the beach, you can barefoot but you might have some slightly cold toes but shorts and a windbreaker is about all you need....SC native ๐Ÿ™‚

RedGATitan
Explorer
Explorer
Hunting Island State Park. Trails to walk, a lighthouse to climb and a nature center. Nearby is Beufort, SC with shops and restaurants and Hilton Head island with more of the same. I'm not sure what will be open that time of year. As far as weather. It could be 40 one day and 70 the next.
2003 F-250 PSD 4X4
2013 Outback Sydney 331 FRK