cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buckeye or Goodyear, Arizona?

FossilHound
Explorer
Explorer
We are considering staying in the area for part of January and February; the rvpark reviews are somewhat mixed on the available campgrounds. Has anyone had any recent experience staying in the area and which campground would you recommend.

Thanks
Fossilhound
2004 42' Dynasty
5 REPLIES 5

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you really have a reason to stay in Buckeye or Goodyear we would recommend that you stay in east Mesa or Apache Junction. They are much more accessible for nice scenic drives or hiking. We wouldn't recommend Casa Grande. First, it's a very long drive to even the Phoenix southern limit and Phoenix is huge...same as for going into Tucson - too far. Also, the Casa Grande area gets dust storms and is flat farming country.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
We have family in west Phoenix so we always stay at Leaf Verde in Buckeye. It's a nice clean park with good facilities, friendly office staff. They give Good Sam discounts and have monthly rates. We like the location because it's close to I 10 but not close enough to be noisy. It's about 1/2 mile to shopping, Wal Mart, Fry's, fuel stations, Cracker Barrel and other fast food restaurants.

Macktee
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Pueblo El Mirage, which is about straight North of Avondale and Goodyear. Both about a 15 minute drive. Great park with all the amenities. If that is the area you want, you should take a look. We love it. One Albertan to another. We are in lot 579 Park Place. Macktee
04 Monaco Dynasty Diamond 1V ( Homer II)
2012 Ram 1500 4X4 Quad Cab towed
2013 Cargo Mate 28ft enclosed car hauler
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
2010 Club Car Golf Car

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We always like to stay in the Apache Junction area - lots of good sites close by and away from the busy hoop-la of the Phoenix metropolis.

If we was going to mix in with the whoopee-do folks then the Sedona and Payson camp site areas would our pick.

If you are planning on doing the North Central areas of Flagstaff including all the wonderful places around that part of the country you almost have to pick out a base camp site. All those neat places are rather spread out up there and deserves more time to visit than just a couple of hours at each place... I spent a week one time Jeep tent camping the back country of the Wupatki Natl Monument, Sunset Crater, Painted Desert Vista, and the many Indian ruins.

We stayed in Flagstaff one time and didn't know that a train goes thru the small town every 7 minutes all night long... Sedona camp sites are superb but you are in high country there with lots of winding roads and mtn pull outs... This is RED ROCK country which will blow you away with the rich red colors of the rocks and mountains.

Winter months in the Mountains of Arizona is brutal... Have to stay in Phoenix to the south to stay in the warm weather places.

Other times on my many work trips to that part of the country we would just pick a site close to Phoenix and spend a week or so in the many nightlife places all over the area there.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
When we go to Arizona, we like Casa Grande, because it is a short trip to both Phoenix and Tucson.

We like Sundance 1 there.