cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground in Cape Cod

AGC
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for an RV campground in Cape Cod where I don't need to take a toad. Would like to be close enough to the beaches or attraction sites where we can just ride our bikes with the kids.
10 REPLIES 10

FyrFytrDad
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoy Bourne Scenic Park. Lots of recreational activities, direct access to the canal and associated bike path. Not a terrible drive to the On Cape attractions. Reasonable prices.
2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2008 Flagstaff 27BHSS

I. A. F. F. Local 2704

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
IN Brewster , right at the mid-point of the Cape, Nickerson State Park is the best park with no HU ($18)-- very close to it is Sweetwater Park, with HU ($45)
Both nice campgrounds -- both very accessible and easy to get from there to anywhere on the Cape within a reasonable time.

Summer on Cape Cod is a traffic nightmare ... plan for it.

The Bike Trail runs from one end to the other, with a few breaks, and numerous spurs to other areas.

PM Me if you want more specific info -- we lived on the Cape for twenty years.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
This place is in Falmouth. We stayed there for a few days last year (even though it's only 10 miles from home) just for a mini-getaway. I thought the price was high for what they offered, but it was a nice park.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Double Post
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
How far can you bike? the cape is 60+ miles long. The good news is there is a bike trail and good road that will take you from one end to the other. Nickerson SP is in the middle and is my choice, but no hookups. Atlantic Oaks and Shady Knoll are popular with those who require hookups, and also mid cape, all of these can be hard to get into.

To avoid using a toad you better pick a small area to explore, the Falmouth area is really nice and has yet another bike trail. You can visit Marthas Vinyard and Nantucket from Falmouth on the ferrys out of Woods Hole, take along the bikes. Not familiar with CG's in that area though.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
buta4 wrote:
Scusset Beach State Reservation.

The campground is adjacent (walking distance) to the Atlantic Ocean beaches and the beginning of the Cape Cod Canal.

The Canal has paved bike/walking paths wide enough for official cars to pass so you can bike-ride abreast in spots if you like, depending on pedestrian traffic.

Stop for ice cream/drinks at the small store along the Canal banks or continue under the Bourne bridge into the Town of Bourne ahead.

Observe the boats transiting the canal and the fishermen on the Canal banks. Sometimes you may see an ocean liner snake it's way along, quite a sight!

Cross the Sagamore or Bourne bridges by bike and explore the paths on the other side of the Canal.

The Canal is several miles long though so pace yourselves to your kids' abilities.

Regards and Have Fun!

this is a great campground but has been closed while they upgrade their elect...half will take reservations starting July 1 the other half on Aug 1...the bike trail is 7 1/2 miles long to Buzzard Bay......where their are many rest..the beach on the bay side is across the parking lot
Second choice would be Atlantic Oaks i Eastham ..as noted here....has bike trail at back of campground that is unlimited..to P-Town and 1 mile to Nat'l Seashore Park....and Arnolds next store is all you need....Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Recent thread on the topic which references a recent thread on the topic.

Clicky
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
We always stay Here the bike path runs right behind campground. Arnolds is next door also.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Scusset Beach State Reservation.

The campground is adjacent (walking distance) to the Atlantic Ocean beaches and the beginning of the Cape Cod Canal.

The Canal has paved bike/walking paths wide enough for official cars to pass so you can bike-ride abreast in spots if you like, depending on pedestrian traffic.

Stop for ice cream/drinks at the small store along the Canal banks or continue under the Bourne bridge into the Town of Bourne ahead.

Observe the boats transiting the canal and the fishermen on the Canal banks. Sometimes you may see an ocean liner snake it's way along, quite a sight!

Cross the Sagamore or Bourne bridges by bike and explore the paths on the other side of the Canal.

The Canal is several miles long though so pace yourselves to your kids' abilities.

Regards and Have Fun!
Ray

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
I chose Nickerson State Park for our Cape Cod trip this summer since it is very close to the Cape Cod National Seashore, has the bike path running through it, and is generally right in the middle of the cape.

I might also mention that if you are planning for a trip this summer you may have a hard time finding available sites. I booked mine in December and got one of the last few sites available for the 4th of July weekend.