cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds around Devils Tower

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're heading to Devils Tower next week. I'd like to reserve a campsite for my 25ft class C. I haven't done a search yet but I was wondering if anyone has a favorite. Planning to stay 3 or 4 days.

Thanks
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
7 REPLIES 7

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
docsouce wrote:
We're heading to Devils Tower next week. I'd like to reserve a campsite for my 25ft class C. I haven't done a search yet but I was wondering if anyone has a favorite. Planning to stay 3 or 4 days.

Thanks

As much as I detest most KOA's, the one at the entrance to Devils Tower is exceptional. It is absolutely the best choice for your visit..

X2 They show Close Encounters every night.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

donut_dave
Explorer
Explorer
we have stayed at the koa twice (first 2 visits) and belle fourche twice (last 2 visits). we prefer belle fourche for cost, views, room. we will stay at belle fourche for all subsequent visits.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at both the KOA & the Belle Fourche River Campground in the park. Both have sites that have a good view of the tower, although both also have sites from which you don't have a view.

If you can dry camp, I prefer staying in the park. At times, there is a long wait at the entrance station to the park if you are staying at the KOA.

Site B17, Belle Fourche

Site 24, KOA

More photos of the park at Devils Tower Photos.

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed at the Campground right in the National Monument. It is called Belle Fourche campground. Very nice, quiet, clean and a great view of the tower is always there! No hookups though. Unless you are a climber, I'm not sure that you will need 3 or 4 days. One day, or at most 2 will get you seeing everything and hiking every trail.

The KOA campground is just outside the Monument entrance and of course has hookups. I guess it is nice (we visited, but did not stay there), but we generally don't do KOAs. I will say this - we both bought a cup of coffee in their store and drove away before taking the first sip. It was the WORST coffee I've ever had. Totally undrinkable (and I'll drink just about any coffee). So if you stay, make your own coffee. They have no idea how to make coffee at that KOA.

Here's a link to Belle Fourche Campground review by someone with a motorhome. Lots of info and photos. Link here

Here's one of the photos from that review:

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
The campground at Devils Tower is also good with long sites. Check out Campendium for that area. If a CG is reviewed, you'll see descriptions as well as photos. When we went, we stayed at the KOA and really liked it. The sites were long and spacious and lots of open space for walking our dogs.

Update, both campgrounds are reviewed on Campendium with great photos - here's the link

You'll have to sign up, but it's free and there a plithera of information there.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
docsouce wrote:

Thanks

As much as I detest most KOA's, the one at the entrance to Devils Tower is exceptional. It is absolutely the best choice for your visit..
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
There is one in the shadow of the tower. Go to rvpark reviews for names and rates.