cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds close to East Tennessee State University?

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
Our son has a baseball camp and tournament there middle of next month. Hoping to find something fairly close by, preferably on the Knoxville side (will be coming via I40 to I81 to I26. So I guess something along I26 possibly?

Open to ideas, but would really prefer to be on the Knoxville side, as the tournament may be over late enough so that we will want to get home as quickly as possible afterwards (about a 150 miles from home).

Doesn't have to be fancy or anything like that, as we likely won't be spending very much time there.

Thanks in advance.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow
6 REPLIES 6

rconkin
Explorer
Explorer
Woodsmoke would be the most convenient to ETSU, approximately 10 miles and just off I-26. I looked and they have a FB page and they posted on June 22nd so it sounds like they are still open. Good luck and enjoy my old stomping grounds, I grew up right behind ETSU.
2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
2007 Hummer H3 toad

"For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know!" Semper Fi

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
I knew my TN Volunteers would chime in to help a brother out, thanks and keep them coming if anyone else thinks of anything. Right now, Woodsmoke is looking pretty good, but will call and verify still in operation on Monday. No idea what other fields are going to be used besides ETSU, so figured I'd default to the west/south of Johnson City since it is closer to home.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

wecamp04
Explorer
Explorer
A little further out is warriors path state park,kingsport koa,and rocky top rv park and campground about 30 minutes from etsu.

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't know if Woodsmoke is still open, owner died earlier this year and wife didn't know if she was going to keep it going. I would check to see, it is a basic sites, very wooded, clean, but not much on amenities. Riverpark is OK, about a 10-15 minute drive to ETSU down a back road.

Depending if they are playing at Wing Deer park, Lakeview in Bluff City would be very convenient. It also good for ETSU, nice amenities, a little more room than Riverpark. It is about a 15-20 minute drive to ETSU, 10 minutes or less to Wing Deer.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Woodsmoke in Unicoi TN gets good reviews. Not sure if you can get satellite if it's wooded. about 10 miles. Another option: Riverpark Campground in Jonesborough TN abt 12 miles.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I would find a cg in one of several ways. Using my campground directory (I have two) look up the campgrounds in the nearby towns, or, do a Google search for `_______ campgrounds' and put the nearby town in the blank space, or, when close to the destination search for campgrounds with your gps.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)