cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds within 30 to 40 min of Raleigh N.C

robogobucks
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a campground or Rv park for the month of March 2016,within 30 min, of North Carolina, any suggestions.
8 REPLIES 8

hvbmab
Explorer
Explorer
You can check out Coopers Mobile Home & RV Park on Hwy 70 in Clayton. It's very convenient to Raleigh and I-40. There's no pool and even though it's right on Hwy 70 (behind a car dealership) the road noise wasn't a problem. We stayed there a couple of times when we were in town visiting family.
Vance and Maryann - SOWER #2725
Fulltiming since Sept '03 and not ready to stop yet!!

'01 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax towing 2004 Cedar Creek 36RLTS

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Spring Hill Park, west of Chapel Hill. (919)-967-4268. A bit out in the countryside but nice and quiet.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

Chemgoddess1
Explorer
Explorer
The only other option is what used to be a KOA in Four Oaks but that is a good 45-50 minute drive. There are state parks around the area but you are limited to a 2 week stay plus most of them lock their gates at night, as in totally locked in/out. Several of the trailer parks list as having sites available for RVs but most of the trailer parks down here are a little sketch.

Nutbush at Kerr lake is 24 hour access and Rolling View at Falls Lake was trying 24 hour access for a bit, not sure if they still are.

2007 Fleetwood Utah PUP
Me (Pam)
John (husband)
Ian
Ben
Quincy (My heart dog, Rainbow Bridge January 2015)
Chloe (very lucky rescue furkid)
Spike (Iguana eating all the strawberries he can on the other end of the rainbow)

[purple]live well, laugh often, love much[/purple]

journey15
Explorer
Explorer
If they do not have other obligations, i.e., the State Fair, they will let you stay here more than 2 weeks. We have been here for 2+ weeks and are getting ready to stay another 2 weeks. They are fantastic to work with!
Full Timing June 2015
07 Allegro Bus 40QSP
08 Honda CRV EXL with Blue OX and US Gear Braking System
FMCA #381833

n4gnn n4hon
I Never Look Back, I'm Not Going That Way!

Ringer
Explorer
Explorer
robogobucks wrote:
I am staying at the fairgrounds a week in June, however you can only stay there 2 weeks and we would like to stay a at least a month.

We were there the second weekend in April. The security guard said there were about 70 rigs there that belonged to workers that were working on a nuclear power plant refueling project. Not knowing for sure but I think they have been there since early March. Don't know how much bending of the two week rule they do for individuals but this is the situation there now. Nice pay check for the fair grounds though having all those rigs there...especially in the off season.
2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
2008 Saturn Vue

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
robogobucks wrote:
I am staying at the fairgrounds a week in June, however you can only stay there 2 weeks and we would like to stay a at least a month.

Was there yesterday. Fantastic CG by the way. I wonder if they enforce that when there are so many available sites and as long as you don't junk up the place? There were several rigs that looked like they had been there awhile. Clues were water hoses with heavy insulation etc.

The security officers are really nice folks. I'd ask one of them during your June trip.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

robogobucks
Explorer
Explorer

journey15
Explorer
Explorer
Check out this thread
Full Timing June 2015
07 Allegro Bus 40QSP
08 Honda CRV EXL with Blue OX and US Gear Braking System
FMCA #381833

n4gnn n4hon
I Never Look Back, I'm Not Going That Way!