cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can I whine???

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry for this whine but we just had to cancel our big trip out west yet AGAIN because of our business!!! We planned last year to head out to South Dakota then head up to West Glacier and then down to Yellowstone before heading home from a 3 week trip!! ๐Ÿ˜ž We then replanned for this year and was supposed to leave this coming Wednesday and be gone until the end of the month and issues arose and had to cancel again! When you're the boss sometimes you have to make some hard choices in making the right decisions!! I'm sorry for the rant but we were looking soooo forward to this trip! Well, guess we'll try for next year!!
God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
25 REPLIES 25

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Don't wait to long. I had a job I loved and was working and waiting for a friend to retire. He suddenly died. Made me think- if you want to do something you better do it while you can. I wanted to go RVing. 30 days later I was retired and we were on the road. Haven't looked back. Make sure you have your priorities as you want them.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
I found my business ran better when I was on vacation. My employees worked harder to prove they could handle things in my absence. I always felt even if it did cost more money in hours worked or supplies expended, it was worth it not to be anchored to the business 365 days/year.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
better let some one else handle the business yep they can,t do it as good as you, but if you don,t you,ll just be to dam old to take the trip later, I promise you your only going around ONE TIME ,enjoy what you can NOW!!!!!!.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
If you ever start looking back and thinking about the things you should have done, and realize that it's now too late, you may have made some decisions on priorities that may need to be re-examined. JM2cents.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
God bless you; I feel your frustration. It sounds like a great trip. Perhaps you can reschedule during a slump time?
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Corky12
Explorer
Explorer
When we owned our own business we said it was so we could work our own hours - as long as it was the first 24 hours every day. Sorry about having to cancel.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
If this is your own business, develop one or more employees that can run the business, well, in your absence.

We did this and saved our sanity!

We always gave these folks a nice bonus as a "thank you" when we got back from a trip.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

taybrynn
Explorer
Explorer
I feel your pain. We just cancelled an entire week at premium spots. Hopefully that means someone else gets our spots and feels fortunate instead.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
I know the feeling. I go low seniority on the totem pole, and a few top guys take all their vacation in the summer. The few weeks remaining are scavenged by the middle guys. By the time it gets to me, I get May and October. No way to plan a week and go somewhere like Cedar Point.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

Emptypockets
Explorer
Explorer
Don't give up on that special trip you have planned. We just completed at trip that we had planned to make in 2012 - that trip was canceled do to a death in the family. We left home April 17 & returned July 1. At
The Palmers

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear that, it sounds like it would be a great trip,3 weeks of seeing America is a good stress reliever. Please don't wait to long life is short.