cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Care Free campground in Sylva, NC

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
This campground is listed as a Care Free Resort but it is not listed in RV Reviews. Does anyone know anything about it? Fort Tatham
8 REPLIES 8

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Holly Cove is, or was a great places to stay. We stayed there several times, and would still be going there IF they had not went all seasonal. According to the owner last time I called. they no longer have overnight, or over weekend sites. So unless you plan on being there awhile. You may not get in.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Thank you for the courtesy of your response. I note that I misspelled the old hotel in Dillsboro:

http://www.jarretthouse.com/

Also while I'm at it:

Holly Cove RV

And:

Fort Tatham RV

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
padredw thank you for your response. We will check it out this next summer when we leave to get out of our Florida summer heat. We are in the beginning stages of looking for a place to lite for the summer months. We've traveled all over the USA for years and now we are wanting to slow down a little but to still get out of the heat. As we age the heat gets hotter. Thanks again

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
I just spent 8 nights at the Carefree Resort in San Antonio and based upon that wonderful experience will put their campgrounds at the top of the list. Very well run organization with over 21,000 sites around the U.S. and Canada.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Yes. we have stayed a couple of times at Fort Tatham. It is an older park with a lot of seasonal residents who come back year after year, so it has an older community feel. That would not be everyone's 'cup of tea' but we enjoyed it.

In those days we always enjoyed having family style lunch at the Jarrod House in Dillsboro. I have heard that the food is not as good as it once was. But I would stop by to see for myself if I were in that area.

In more recent times we have stayed at Holly Cove RV which has a Whittier, NC address. (Near Cherokee but outside the touristy area.)

We have also stayed several times at Creekwood Farms, near Waynesville (as noted above).

On the Sylva side of the hills, I'd choose Holly Cove.

Our connection with this area goes back more than 50 years and we've been back more times than we can count.

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
never stayed there but had friends workamping there. visited them and it is a beautiful park. they loved it and as far as i know are still working there.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is a link to the Carefree Resorts website for Fort Tatham.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Never been there, but we were in the area Mon. & Tues - too bad, could have checked it out for you.

If you end up still looking in the area, there's always Creekwood Farm RV in Waynesville, close to Maggie Valley. Nice atmosphere, and creek sites depending on your size needs.

If you like a good pancake house, try Joey's on the main drag in Maggie Valley for a hearty breakfast. For Italian food, Frankie's is good.

(Maggie V and Waynesville are both close to Sylva. Entrance to Blue Ridge Parkway & the NP is near Maggie V. Waynesville has a nice little Main Street area to stroll with shops like Mast General Store.)