cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Casa De Fruta RV Park

aussy
Explorer
Explorer
Simple!!! We loved it. No more than a half hour from Gilroy/Hollister and only 45 mins from the beach. The bathrooms are well kept and the showers are as hot as you want them to be. The RV spaces on the grass were great and the RV staff friendly and very helpful. They gave a "Good Sam" discount.

I shall say it again....the bathrooms were clean!!!! We loved it. Great place to stay this time of year.

We even had peacocks visit us in the morning. How fun to feed them!! They love bread. Had one of the males eat directly from my fingers. They are a little skittish so if you have yap dogs you probably are not going to be visited by the peacocks. They did not seem to mind my 3 year old.

Great place to stay during this time of year!!!
16 REPLIES 16

aussy
Explorer
Explorer
Just Lee wrote:
What beach is 45 minutes away?........

Salinas River State Beach in Moss Landing....We went there while staying at Casa De Fruta....saw lots of seals and a couple of whales. Even played in the water a bit....The only people on the beach were surfers....Come back via Gilroy and you can do a two-fer....go to the beach than swing by the outlet mall......

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
jmtandem wrote:
Helpful tip: Put the State in your topic's title to help the rest of us planning trips.

Excellent point. Casa De Fruta is near Hollister California, just south of the San Francisco Bay Area/San Jose.

You can click edit on your original post and insert CA in the title.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II

Depends on how fast you drive! Monterey and Santa Cruz are probably an hour away in good traffic.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just Lee wrote:

San Louis Reservoir maybe :h
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
2004 Meridian towing 96 Tracker
If you don't stand behind our TROOPS feel free to stand in front of them during a fire fight

In God We Trust ALL Others pay CASH

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Helpful tip: Put the State in your topic's title to help the rest of us planning trips.

Excellent point. Casa De Fruta is near Hollister California, just south of the San Francisco Bay Area/San Jose.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've seen it, but never stayed there. I'll have to try it. I usually stay at Betabel RV resort near Gilroy off 101 when I'm in that area. It's very nice also.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II

When planning a trip, most will also search the forum using a state name to narrow the massive number of search results.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
A great place to stay when the Garlic Festival is going on too !!
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed there about 8 years ago when we were visiting Bonfante Gardens and enjoyed it very much. The "Fruit Stand" (it's so much more than that though) and restaurant were very nice and all the antique farm equipment is fun to investigate.

pronstar
Explorer
Explorer
OK I need to go check it out.
As a kid, my family frequently drove from SoCal to NorCal, and stopping at Casa De Fruita on the return trip was always a treat...really some great memories from there.

I had no idea it was still around, thanks for posting this!
'07 Ram 5.9 QC/LB SRW
Full Carli Suspension
35" Toyo's | 4.56 | PacBrake

2009 Cyclone 3950 | B&W Turnover Ball & Companion | TrailAire | Duravis R250s

aussy
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Tell Trip Advisor too. http://www.tripadvisor.com/

Did both tripadvisor and yelp.....

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tell Trip Advisor too. http://www.tripadvisor.com/

Magnus

aussy
Explorer
Explorer
Two Hands wrote:
We stop there about once a month to have lunch, refuel, and shop in the fruit stand. Very nice place and always thought the rv park would be nice. Now we know. Thanks for posting. You might consider putting the information on rv park reviews.

Done!