cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CG on Gulf side of FL for Jan

Liltippy
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I know I am late, but health changed plans. Looking for your experienced recommendations for Gulf side of FL. Considering Rock Crusher, but looks shady and I would like to be farther south.

State parks are fine, don't need many amenities

I will be in Kissimmee for Feb.

Thanks.
2011 Winnebago Sightseer 33C
2007 HHR Toad with ReadyBrute Elite towbar and brake
9 REPLIES 9

johnnyrv
Explorer
Explorer
San Carlos rv park Fort Meyers

jeb5
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Riverside. January is probably available. February, there is no hope unless you are really lucky. If you are already in the park, you will have a better chance. May need to move a few times.
Ford F-350, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4, Long Bed
Newmar Kountry Star 5th Wheel

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
I second the recommendations for Fort De Soto, in Tierra Verde, just south of St. Petersburg. Worth checking for cancelations.
2013 RT 190-Popular

kbotley
Explorer
Explorer
In the Tampa/St. Pete area bordering the east side of Tampa Bay is EG Simmions county park. Water and electric hookups, all sites are first come first served so get there early in the morning. Cost was $24.00 per night a couple years ago. Very nice park and campground. Located in Ruskin.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
It's not on the coast but you can always get into Blueberry Hill in Bushnell just off I-75
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Arvie_1
Explorer
Explorer
Collier Seminole State Park is now open for reservations, after being closed for some renovations. It is quite a bit further south, but that might just be the more preferable location for January.
They do have lots of sites for January at this point.

I haven't been there yet, but am hoping to read some new reviews, especially after the reno's. On the map it looks like a great location for visiting Marcos Island/Naples area.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Fort Desoto is probably already booked up. They do have some walk in sites but those are difficult to get. Also they have stay limit of 14 days.
How far south? Oscar Scherer State Park in Osprey FL might have a few days open during the week but again may have stay limit.
2 RV parks in Tampa area you could check into (not near the beach) are Bay Bayou in Tampa and Quail Run RV Resort in Wesley Chapel. They have some sunny new paved sites that are nice. Not cheap.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Well you probably won't find a state park site for any lengthy period south of Tampa unless you're willing to go inland further. We've got a reservation for Highland Hammock SP near Sebring in January. You may find something there. It's a nice park, but you're a good long way from either coast.

There are private parks of course, but the ones closest to the Gulf and south of Tampa are either crowded, expensive, or booked. Down in the Arcadia area you will find some further inland, but certainly not as far inland as Sebring. Check out the RV Park Review.com listing for parks in Arcadia below.

We've stayed at Riverside RV Park which is actually quite close to Port Charlotte, but has an Arcadia address. It's nice and has 500 sites, nice pools, plenty of activities, and well taken care of. February will be booked, but January might work. Note: If you're not familiar with Arcadia it's a rural farming town. Some of the parks listed are north of town a ways with a rural atmosphere, but fairly inexpensive for being warmer and well south of I-4.

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/florida/arcadia
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

trsky
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Fort DeSoto Clearwater, St Pete area. Very nice lots of shade and some of the best beaches in the world.
KZ Spree 265KS
2007 Suburban 1500 4x4