cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Christmas in Arizona

cbinpa
Explorer
Explorer
Hi to all you snowbirds, feverishly getting ready for the trek southward (or you lucky ones already at your winter destination). This year we will be leaving late December (grrr!!) for southern Arizona. I'm hoping some of you might have suggestions for where to spend a few days in western Arizona at Christmastime, since we will be "on the road" about that time. Any little towns that might have special Christmas festivals etc.? Thanks for all your good info - which I use frequently!
7 REPLIES 7

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are near Mesa during the Christmas season, the Christmas light display at the Mormon Temple is a nice Christmas treat. It is open to the general public, so we took it in a few years ago.

http://www.mesachristmaslights.com/

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

delphysmith
Explorer
Explorer
It means i can not add any thing ๐Ÿ˜ž

cbinpa
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all, for the replies. You've given me some ideas to explore further. Getting itchy feet - still seems a long way off.

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Prescott

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
In the Yuma foothills area the locals really go all out to decorate their homes/lots and they also have parades of decorated vehicles.

cbinpa
Explorer
Explorer
Well, it looks like you had a great time at Black Rock for Christmas. Looks like a friendly bunch. Thanks for the pics!

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We spent last Xmas and New Years in Brenda/Salome AZ, just 11 miles East of Quartzite, at the Black Rock RV Village.

Didn't look for any festivals but did have some folks doing some celebrating in the park.

More on our stay in Brenda.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel