cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Clinton county Fairgrounds info

JimFromJersey
Explorer
Explorer
(I thought for sure I posted this earlier today, but now there's no sign of it, so here goes again....)

We're scheduled to attend some sort of sheep-shearing/Alpaca/spinning wheel hoedown up at the Clinton County Fairgrounds near Lock Haven, PA in a couple of weeks. Supposedly they have "full hookups" for RVs, but our $25.00 per night fee seems rather bargain-basementy. Has anyone within the sound of my voice ever been to this fairground, and if so, what's the scoop?

Thanks!

Jim
Always remember, you're a unique individual. Just like the other 7 billion people on the planet...
2 REPLIES 2

JimFromJersey
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. We're out this weekend at the Howard County F/G near Frederick, MD, for a sheep and wool thing as well but camping at Rambling Pines, up the road. I'll post a review next week.

Thanks for the update.
Always remember, you're a unique individual. Just like the other 7 billion people on the planet...

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Once I found out about Fairground camping I was hooked!!!!
There are fairgrounds in every state. I make a point of using them.
Of course it is easier to get a site during the off season for the fairs.

Yes the rate is low. Yes you get water and sewer. And if there is no sewer right at the sight there are 'several' dump stations positioned around the fair in the livestock barn areas. You just have to look for them.

The CG's are usually very large with a lot of sites. They have them for the livestock exhibitors that travel with their RV's.

If you are ever passing thru Des Moines Iowa DO stop at their fairground CG. Sits on a hill over a 1,000 sites with a great view of the gold capped capital building. I stopped for the night and stayed a week! I was one of two RV's in the entire CG.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.