cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

December Foothills lot or RV park needed

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
For the last several winters, we've spent time at The Palms in Yuma. We really, really like it, but this year we are taking the UTV and they can't accommodate our MH, F150 and trailer on the lot.

We want a large space for the 42' Winnie and truck. On site storage for the UTV and trailer is a must. Really need a fenced dog park so the dogs can play ball. We don't golf, play bingo, do crafts or the usual geezer stuff. We mostly play out in the desert getting dirty.

I've looked at rvparkreviews.com, but I prefer information from boots on the ground.

We've got messages out on Craig's List for lots in the Foothills area, but most want a minimum of three months.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!
5 REPLIES 5

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got into our Foothills RV lot Thursday afternoon. (9-29). Plenty of "RV Lots For Rent" signs out along Foothills Blvd. Seems like lot and house owners are coming back, and will be followed 11-1 with many RV park folks returning. Should be an interesting winter occupancy looking at the Canadian dollar value.

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
Renting a lot in the Yuma Foothills is fine, however all there is to do all winter is sit and look at each other. The rv parks have structured activities. Check out Cocopah Resort. It has very large sites. It is great even for non golfers.
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN

CabinetmakerII
Explorer
Explorer
We have wintered in the Foothills the past 4 years and are headed back this winter. We share a lot with another couple and our rent is $300/mo including all utilities. The lot size is approximately 75'X150' completely fenced with sliding gate at the driveway and a personal gate for walking through. I know there are lots available in the area that start at #275/mo + electric . Feel free to PM me. I might be able to put you on to something.
Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2018 Polairs 1000 XP Side by Side

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
We transit Yuma on the way to southern California each winter. We rented a lot in the foothills for 3 winters (for the month of December) at $300 per month including utilities.

We now stay a few days in Fortuna de Oro in the foothills, it's an older RV park that the owners are spending some $$ to improve. They have sites on the east side that have storage nearby and there is a fenced dog park (actually 2), one in the immediate area and one close by.

You could park there while looking for a site in the foothills. FDEO isn't the Palms but it gives you a start point.

A lot in the FH is great but you don't have the benefits of an RV park (pool, restaurant, golf etc.)

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a lot in the Foothills. I see you mentioned Craigs List. Go to Craigs List, Yuma, Vacation Rentals. They are starting to post for the upcoming season. Usually accompanied with pictures and prices. Some take monthly's, some start wanting five months but then back off. With the Canadian dollar the way it is, I'm sure it will be interesting again in the parks and lot occupancy. Another thing is, I wouldn't do it site unseen. Too many variables. You will have no problem getting a place. There are signs all along Foothills Blvd and also check the White Sheets. Also, you may want to think about which way you want your windshield to face, north, south, east, west, not a biggee, but something to think about. Also, is power included with rent or separate? Another thing about power, is this a shared power lot? I for one, would never do a shared deal. You are a power miser, the other lot renter is a power hog, place looks like the Las Vegas strip at night. So you will be subsidizing his power.