cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Don't tell too many people about our weather

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
I figure, as a recently retired RVer, I should let fellow RVer's in on our weather secret. Instead of our usual "800 broken, 1500 overcast, 3/4 mile vis, rain and fog" all of February March and some of April, we're getting gorgeous blue skies and sunshine, mild daytime temps (55-63) and manageable overnights (about 38 or so). The gurus are saying it might stay this way with just the odd glitch until Spring is really supposed to start in 2 weeks.

The daffodils are already in bloom and it's likely the Skagit Valley tulips will be a couple of weeks early - starting around the 20th of march instead of the second week of April.

Don't start a stampede, but maybe it would be worth a visit.

With things so nice, we're getting over having to sell the MH!
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)
17 REPLIES 17

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
AHHHHHHHH, 2 days of georgeous weather here. Very light NW breeze, upper 60s-lower 70s, the ocean virtually calm except for some swell from distant weather. Perfect offshore fishing weather. Looking like spring.

The countdown to hitting the road clock is ticking louder but moving slower it seems.

Let us know if you're gonna be out here in the PNWet this year. Just remembered that I spent a week in Bermuda in '63, courtesy of the USAF. Snowing and 30 when we left Dover AFB and sunny and 60's a couple of hours later there. Local USAF guys were wearing jackets and fatigues, we were wearing shorts and tee shirts.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here in the southwest corner of Canada, global warming is alive and well. It's been mostly sunny for the past few weeks. Today's temp. is going to be up towards 60F where we are. Didn't even have to put the snow tires on this season - first time ever.

Supposed to get a little rain over the next couple of days (please say it's not so). Was thinking of taking the cover off the RV and doing a wax job, but that will have to wait a bit.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
AHHHHHHHH, 2 days of georgeous weather here. Very light NW breeze, upper 60s-lower 70s, the ocean virtually calm except for some swell from distant weather. Perfect offshore fishing weather. Looking like spring.

The countdown to hitting the road clock is ticking louder but moving slower it seems.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
We sure will enjoy. The nicest thing for us is that when it's warm and sunny, it's not humid. We hated that when we lived in Tidewater VA. As ex-pat Brits, we're used to taking it as it comes, but it's a pleasant change to have really nice weather at times it's not usual.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Anything to find solace after that 4th quarter loss by the Hawks? :B

BTW, anyone who has ever spent extended time in the PNWet knows better. Spring isn't even officially here yet.

Surprisingly, the daffodils have started to come out about 3 weeks ago at 8k feet, but I'm afraid the tops are now burnt from recent snows. Enjoy the nice weather while you have it ๐Ÿ™‚
I love me some land yachting

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
yeah sure rub it in, I still got 3' of snow in my yard. Next week for the first time since Dec we will have average temps, might finely get some snow melt.

our daffidols and tulips will probably be out by the end of June...

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
60 degrees plus here in Silverdale.
Hey Frank...Got room in the yard? :@ You're talking about the daffidols and tulips and the DW wants to go to see them. It's a toss up as to driving around or taking the ferry out of P.T for a couple of days.
Just pulled the plug myself last week......:B For the third time at 74 years. Turned in my school bus keys for the second time. Done fer shur this time.:B:B
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
As it has been for weeks, it is 80 degrees, dry, breezy and sunny in Orange County, Calif., the orange trees are in full fragrant bloom, the surf is pretty good, and I wish it would rain!! Hardly any snow in the mountains. The waterfalls will dry up soon. The Sequoia trees are surviving, but they are thirsty.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
We're above 50 degrees again in Marble Falls TX. I have used more propane this winter than the total used in the last 4 years fulltiming.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well today is in the low 70s. Hardly a cloud in the sky & looking good for the rest of the weekend.

So...Frank....Take that.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Right now at 11AM it is a sunny 83ยบ here and feels like 86ยบ. ๐Ÿ™‚
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

SteveAE
Explorer
Explorer
n7bsn wrote:
Given that the mountain snow fall is like 5 to 20% of normal, we may all be regretting our nice/warm winter come this summer.

Agreed.

About average precipitation (so far) this year, but most fell as rain (and then ran off). So lower elevations, that don't rely on snowpack for soil moisture, should be OK. However, the higher elevation soils rely on this slow release of moisture throughout the year. So I am concerned that fire season is likely to start early and be in timber (rather than in grasslands that recover quickly) this year. I don't know reservoir conditions, but they look low without much snow to refill them. And for those who like them (I don't), campfire restrictions will likely start early (June???). Only bright side I can see is that the short term ladder fuels (grasses and small bushes) won't be as abundant. Maybe this will help....some.

Oh-boy, another summer of smoke and evacuations to look forward to ๐Ÿ˜ž

Please be extra careful with fire this year in the Northwest.

Steve

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Given that the mountain snow fall is like 5 to 20% of normal, we may all be regretting our nice/warm winter come this summer.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

All58Parks
Explorer
Explorer
I've decided I might as well dewinterize, it doesn't seem plausible that it's going to freeze this winter.
2014 Wildcat Maxx 26bhs
2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew