cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Feb-March ideas?

TaterSr
Explorer
Explorer
This is our Second snow bird season. Last year stayed 4 mos in Gold Canyon, AZ. First time ever in new RV. This year we have reservations for a different resort in Mesa for Nov, Dec, Jan. Haven't made plans for Feb & March yet & I'm getting a little worried. We thought we'd try something new & different for those two months but husb isn't giving me any input. I just looked up RGV & it's an extra 1155 miles. Not sure we want to go that much further. Has anyone stayed in Laughlin, NV Feb & March? Just want to go somewhere friendly, clean, pets welcome (have two toy dogs along), decent weather. Any advice from you seasoned veterans?
I guess if we ask to extend at the Mesa resort it'd be OK but just don't want to be stuck driving around aimlessly with no place set in mind to go next. Thanks.
32 REPLIES 32

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
larry barnhart wrote:
Me Again wrote:
Larry, that is why my parents spent 12 years in Yuma! They said after the first year that they returned each year to be with the friends they met that first year! Chris

Palm Creek is a wonderful rv resort with almost no laundry with the new owners. At the peak time for winter visitors the laundry was just big enough but now it really sucks so bring your own wash & dryers and enjoy the resort. My wife is pissed big time.
chevman

Little poking around on the internet indicates most are not very happy with Sun Communities Inc management and yearly lot rent increases. And we question Cal-Am from time to time, however they might have been a better buyer of your resort. They have 11 in the Phoenix area already!

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
Tequila wrote:
One word. Mexico
Where in Mexico?

I like Melaque, just north of Manzanillo.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Larry, that is why my parents spent 12 years in Yuma! They said after the first year that they returned each year to be with the friends they met that first year! Chris

Palm Creek is a wonderful rv resort with almost no laundry with the new owners. At the peak time for winter visitors the laundry was just big enough but now it really sucks so bring your own wash & dryers and enjoy the resort. My wife is pissed big time.
chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Or head east to New Mexico, lots to see and do in southern area.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
larry barnhart wrote:
Stock yard odors has been much less than other years and we were talking about this last season. I don't know the reason.
chevman

Larry we all think our park is the best. Which is good, because we will not all fit in one park.:B:B:B

Chris

I really don't think I ever said that but friends are made at most places and a reason for going back each year.
chevman
chevman
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
larry barnhart wrote:
Stock yard odors has been much less than other years and we were talking about this last season. I don't know the reason.
chevman

Larry we all think our park is the best. Which is good, because we will not all fit in one park.:B:B:B

Chris

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
BarbaraOK wrote:
Gold Canyon is a long way out for a lot of people - like us. That's why we are in Mesa - can get to everything without that long trek just to get to Mesa, let alone anywhere else. And if you stayed at Gold Canyon (either park) then Lake Havasu or Hement is no more expensive, Palm Springs , could be depending upon the park. Was it perhaps Barrigo Springs (south of Palm Springs) that you saw the ad for and is so expensive

Barb

OP already said he/she/both were staying in Mesa for the first few months this winter and want to spend two months somewhere else!

At 22 miles away it appears you think Gold Canyon is on another planet?

Chris

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
chevman
chevman
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
2gypsies wrote:
Palm Creek gets dust storms. It's a farming area. We've been in them in December and in spring. Not fun. . .

Also what about the stockyard odors?

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Palm Creek gets dust storms. It's a farming area. We've been in them in December and in spring. Not fun. . .
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Gemstone
Explorer
Explorer
"I'd read online Yuma was windy"....You will hear/read all sorts of warnings about "this" place and "that" place....there is no substitute for doing your own research.

Air Quality

Average weather for Yuma (and other cities) by city Wind data is at the bottom. Plug in different cities to get annual data for a particular location.

Another tool to use if weather plays into your decision making process: Weatherbase

Regards
Gemstone
'06 Elite Suites TK3, '95 KW T-600, '08 Softail Classic , '06 Softail Deuce

smurf
Explorer
Explorer
Hey while you are in Mesa drive down I-10 Exit 194 come see what Palm Creek has to offer. We will not be sorry !!!!!!!!!!
Web Sight pictures looks like the park... You all come you here>>
2004 GMC HD 4x4 Douramax with Allison transmission loaded.
20005 36ft. Everest W/ 4 slides loaded.
Full timing and having fun
No matter where you go there you are

Papa Smurf driver
Mama Smurf Professional Passenger

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Gold Canyon is a long way out for a lot of people - like us. That's why we are in Mesa - can get to everything without that long trek just to get to Mesa, let alone anywhere else. And if you stayed at Gold Canyon (either park) then Lake Havasu or Hement is no more expensive, Palm Springs , could be depending upon the park. Was it perhaps Barrigo Springs (south of Palm Springs) that you saw the ad for and is so expensive

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog