cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FL Panhandle Campground Suggestions Wanted

JuneHallowell
Explorer
Explorer
I am in search of suggestions for an exceptional campground In the panhandle area of FL. A close (walking distance), fantastic beach and hopefully a nice swimming pool would be on our list of wants. We have four children and a beach that is far away or that we need to tram/drive to does not work well for us. Open to state parks or privately owned campgrounds. Thank you and advance for your suggestions ๐Ÿ™‚ Open to any suggestions accross the panhandle.
20 REPLIES 20

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Henderson State Beach in Destin. It's also close to a WalMart and there's a FREE alligator farm across the street. You can walk to the beach from your campsite. Only negative is they offer water and electric only. Dump station on site with clean restrooms....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
this one.

Be sure to eat at Peg Leg Pete's!

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Perdido Cove RV and marina in Perdido Key, Florida. This is near Pensacola

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
We really enjoy Panama City Beach RV Resort. It is across the street from, and not too long of a walk from the beach. Very nice pool area.
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
Grayton beach state park is a very nice park but you do have to drive to the beach it is a short drive. St Andrews state park is also nice but like Grayton beach you have to drive to beach for the Gulf of Mexico, but the campground is on grand Laggon. There is also St Joe state park that has a side right at the gulf. Only thing about st joe's is camping and the beach is the only thing to do. Good luck and enjoy our area in the panhandle.

phowell
Explorer
Explorer
Your criteria of a close beach may eliminate Topsail State Park, but if you could manage a walk across a boardwalk this is a fantastic option. We camped there several times with 3 kids and I must admit I felt like a pack mule carrying everything to the beach. Definitely a beautiful place, though.
'08 Ford F250 CC, 6.4L (stock)
'99 Ford Expedition (5.4L with tow package)
2005 Jayco 25G EXP