cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting Ready to Go!

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
I must admit I find it exciting to see all the folks on the forums getting ready to start their camping season. I find it funny my season is just now ending.

We had our last trip for our season last week. We toured the Gold Country in California. Grass Valley Nevada City Jackson Angels Camp. Unfortunately the writing is on the wall. People are out and about camp grounds even had some people in them. So we hang it up for another season. It was a fun year for sure. BC Whistlers Olympic village and The suspension bridge in Canada. Also this year was Bella Coola Bella Bella, Klemtue and Ocean Falls. Had a grand time but Alas we won't be doing any more camping till our season starts again in late August.

Next trip is going to be on the Alaskan Marine Highway, can't wait for that to start. Also in the mix is a trip to the Grand Canyon and points East.

Hope all of you have a grand time this camping season and I will enjoy your trips vicariously through your posting have a safe and fun camping season.
9 REPLIES 9

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
Not only Yellowstone and Glacier but Yosemite as well. Also Alaska and Canada. Just take along your long underwear ๐Ÿ™‚ Grand Canyon is on my list of things to visit in the winter time. Also Brice and Zion. There is always someone visiting at those times of the year. Like Pam or Dan and Me. Always seems like folks are much nicer then as well. Guess the hustle and bustle of large masses of people tend to take the nice out of people.

PamfromVA
Explorer
Explorer
We have been to Yellowstone two times and Glacier once - after Labor Day ๐Ÿ™‚
2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2017 Dodge Ram 3500
One DH
two very spoiled camping dogs

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
How do you enjoy all the places that are closed in the winter? such as Yellowstone! or Glacier NP!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

PamfromVA
Explorer
Explorer
We are off season campers also except for our two week summer vacation. I much prefer the campgrounds in the winter when they are just about empty and the thought of sitting around a campfire when it's 90 degrees outside is foreign to us. Fortunatey, we live in an area where there are several nice state parks that are open throughout the year.
2016 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2017 Dodge Ram 3500
One DH
two very spoiled camping dogs

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
diazr2 wrote:
I only camp in the off season..

same here! especially in California!
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
I always find it interesting when people mention they don't like crowded campgrounds because I have no idea how to find a campground that isn't crowded.
I don't think I've ever camped anywhere that wasn't at least 90% full. It must be the locations that we decide to go to.

Enjoy your down time from camping. That's when I do my planning. We hit the road for our first trip in a week.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
diaz, that is an interesting philosophy -- my guess is that you do this to avoid the hordes in the campgrounds. Sounds a lot like what Yogi Berra said when asked about whether he liked a popular restaurant; "No, nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded."

Have you considered boondocking?? Lots of open space out West -- nobody for miles around, even in mid-summer!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
I only camp in the off season..

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
Why is you're season over with?
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4