cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Glacier National Park

cindik
Explorer
Explorer
Going to Glacier in August. This will not be a RV trip. I will be going for a week to visit my Son who is working there. Looking for any great restaurants around Whitefish or West Glacier. We have a lot planned. Going on GTSR to East Glacier, Zipline in Whitefish, rafting trip in West Glacier, and we are going to Canada, to visit Waterton, and Prince of Wales Hotel. We still have a couple of days to plan. Need some advice of those who have been there, and anything I have not planned that we need to do.
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR SOLDIERS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
THE ONLY THING HARDER THAN BEING A SOLDIER, IS LOVING ONE

Our Photos
13 REPLIES 13

cindik
Explorer
Explorer
Just back from Glacier. Truly a beautiful place. Ate at several good restaurants in Whitefish. Ciao Mambo's Italian was probably my favorite, also Amazing Crepes has some "amazing crepes"! The Red Bus tour "Crown of the Continent" tour was a really great way to see Glacier. Also, have to recommend the zip lining at Whitefish Mountain. That was on my bucket list. After going, I can see why my Son wants to live there. Had the huckleberry pie and ice cream at the restaurant in West Glacier. Thanks for all the suggestions, will definitely have to make another trip.

Our Photos

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
Stopped at the Huckleberry patch and had the pie and ice cream - was good.

Also did the Going to the Sun road Red Bus Tour - it was great!
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

SkiingSixPack
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Ummmmm, if you son is working there he should have an idea of some decent places to eat.

๐Ÿ˜ž Some people!!! Geesh
My better half
DS-18,DD-17,DS-15,DS-15 (4 teenagers, in da house)
Summit Red Sunshine-4
Brandy Red Sunshine-At the bridge

The greatest thing you ever can do now,
Is trade a smile with someone who's blue now,
It's very easy just...

jgrimes
Explorer
Explorer
There are a number of good eateries in Whitefish. For higher end, The Whitefish Lake Lodge was very good last weekend. A little less expensive is Loulou's for both food and PIES; Mambo's has great Italian; I like Tupelo's for southern food; 2nd St Pizza is very good and many options; For burgers and beer, I really like the Bulldog Saloon (check out the restrooms).

For outdoor activities, you can't go wrong with whitewater rafting with Glacier Raft Co in West Glacier.

cindik
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Ummmmm, if you son is working there he should have an idea of some decent places to eat.

Thanks for the help!:( Son does have some suggestions, just wanted to ask for other suggestions from those who have been there. Anyway, thanks to those who offered helpful suggestions, really have to try the huckleberry pie!

Our Photos

12thgenusa
Explorer
Explorer
Norskeman wrote:
12thgenusa wrote:
Forget blueberries, you have to have huckleberry pie and ice cream in Hungry Horse, MT.

Don't mean to steal the topic - we will be in Hungry Horse in August - (Mountain Meadow RV Park & Cabins) where to go for the pie and ice cream?

The one we liked the best was The Huckleberry Patch.

2007 Tundra DC 4X4 5.7, Alcan custom rear springs, 2009 Cougar 245RKS, 370 watts ET solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron SmartSolar 100/30, 200AH LiP04 bank, ProWatt 2000.

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
There is a place in West Yellowstone town proper - I think on the north side of the main street toward the west end. You should see a sign advertising the ice cream and, it being a restaurant as well, you should be able to get the pie. We never made it past the ice cream. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
12thgenusa wrote:
Forget blueberries, you have to have huckleberry pie and ice cream in Hungry Horse, MT.

Don't mean to steal the topic - we will be in Hungry Horse in August - (Mountain Meadow RV Park & Cabins) where to go for the pie and ice cream?
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
If you are into trains, The Great Northern RR Museum is in the WhiteFish train depot

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
High Tea at the Prince of Wales is a great experience...a real touch of the old days.
Enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

12thgenusa
Explorer
Explorer

2007 Tundra DC 4X4 5.7, Alcan custom rear springs, 2009 Cougar 245RKS, 370 watts ET solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron SmartSolar 100/30, 200AH LiP04 bank, ProWatt 2000.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
If you go to Waterton, by the way of St. Mary, Mt, stop in at the Two Sisters Restaurant in Babb, Mt. for coffee and Blueberry pie.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995