Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Kentucky

We just returned home after an extended trip to Kentucky, Tenn and the Blue Ridge in NC. We stayed in Georgetown Ky at Whispering Hills cg as our home base. This cg is right on in all aspects of a good cg. Friendly staff, nice sites with plenty of...

Everglades National Park

We are planning a trip to the Everglades NP between Christmas and New Years. I was looking for advice on where to stay. Also, if anyone had advice of particular areas of the park to spend more time/days? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Niagara Falls, NY

Researching for a possible trip to the falls. Would be July 2-5th. Need possible suggestions for campgrounds and things that would be a must see in the short amount of time we will be there. Thanks, John

shadows4 by Explorer III
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

South Western Campgrounds

Due to weather our Fl campground may be unavailable we are wondering just safe are the Western Campgrounds. Have heard they are not as safe as Fl.

BJean by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Huntington Beach State Park

I understand Huntington Beach State Park is opening back up this weekend. If anyone is going there anytime soon, could you please give a report on the condition of the park and campground? Thanks.

Star Wars Canyon

Is there a campground near Star Wars Canyon? Is it close to Death Valley National Park? Saw some cool youtube videos about all the fighter jets racing through the canyon. Where is the closest place to camp?Thanks in Advance!

jonaz by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Greenbrier campground in Gatlinburg???

Has anybody been to Greenbrier campground. it is around greenbrier entrance to the state park near the pittman center. It looks online nice and spacious. we want to go Gatlinburg next week but hate staying in the parking lot campgrounds. we usually...

gapeachy by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

American River Rv Resort campsite #46

Friends,Just back from our latest camping trip along the American River in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains of California.We stayed at the American River Rv Resort & Campground in Coloma, Ca.Here’s a video we made of our campsite we hope ...

How long can I visit United States in 1 year

Hi, I am new to this forum and Snowbirds. My husband and I are travelling to San Diego mid November (2016). I know we can stay a max of 182 days. We will be coming back to Canada in April 2017. Then next October 2017 we plan to go to San Diego aga...

Attractions at Gulf Port MS

Will be staying at Shields RV park at Gulfport for December and January and would like to know about things to do. Adults with pets no children. We have been there one time for a short stay and did not have time to explore. Any suggestions will be ap...

db7512 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

TR: Sept. in Utah, Idaho, Nevada, & Eastern Sierra

We spent September in Utah, Idaho, Northern Nevada, and the Eastern Sierra -- a month of mostly boondocking and dry camping. Here are links to the five blog posts, with a few sample photos from each area to whet your appetite.I hope you enjoy this -...

Where to meet family between Colorado and North Carolina?

I am based in Colorado and would like to meet up with some family members who live in Fayetville, NC next summer. I have primarily camped west of CO so everything east would be new for me camping. We would prefer that we meet somewhere in the middle ...

rcload9 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage below the snow belt

New to RVing. Previously a sailboat cruiser. I have bought a 36' ClassA. We have camped within a 3 hour radius of home (Ottawa, Canada) this summer and I am getting fairly comfortable with driving my motorhome. My plan/hope is to go south for the ...

BartonT by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes