cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Glen Rose, Texas?

TxRick
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanting to see if anyone had any pros or cons for the parks around Glen Rose. Going to take the kids there and would like opinions. Thanks for the help!
2014 CrossRoads LHF29BH
2012 F250 FX4 PSD
2008 Skeeter ZX250
10 REPLIES 10

TxRick
Explorer
Explorer
Most of North Texas is still in a bad drought. We are at stage 5 water restrictions where I live at, I've been hauling well water from my parents house to mine to water the foundation. My TV has a 275 gallon tote in it to haul it from there to here.
I've heard zebras have a bit of an attitude, I know ostriches do and know to keep the windows up and keep driving around them. You would think they would be a bit nicer since your giving them food though, but they are not.
2014 CrossRoads LHF29BH
2012 F250 FX4 PSD
2008 Skeeter ZX250

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
wrgrs50s wrote:
Dinosaur Valley State Park is fun for kids.

We love Dinasor valley state Park.some great hiking trails and if warm enough to wade the river then lots of tracks can be seen

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Texas water lake levels

Dang...we need some rain bad. I went to school in Amarillo and they're hurting bad. Lake Meredith & Mackenzie are both over 90 ft low.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

l001952119
Explorer
Explorer
Visited Glen Rose today. Big Rocks State Park river is dry as a bone! NO water for kids to enjoy.

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Had a giraffe stick it's head in the sunroof looking for food. Take some big bowls for the food and watch out for the zebras...they have an attitude.

TxRick
Explorer
Explorer
Good tip on fossil rim and the feed store. Looks like we are goin to stay at tres rios, they have cabins too for the rest of the family. Going to hit the state park too, that is the basis behind the whole trip. Thanks for all of the tips and help everyone.
2014 CrossRoads LHF29BH
2012 F250 FX4 PSD
2008 Skeeter ZX250

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure to go to Big Rocks Park to go swimming.

Also, if you're going to Fossil Rim, stop by the feed store in town to buy the animal feed. You can buy 50 lbs of the same feed that they sell the 5 lb bag for at the park for about the same price.

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
X2 about Dinosaur Valley state park. You can walk in the water and see and feel dinosaur footprints in the stream. Neat place to camp

F105
Explorer
Explorer
We belong to the Ocean Canyon Properties club and the Tres Rio C.G. Is our home base. Just a short drive to G.R. and lots of things to see and do.

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
Dinosaur Valley State Park is fun for kids.
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0