cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Going to spring training!

phi19l57
Explorer
Explorer
Going to be in Mesa AZ for spring training. I need some suggestions for campgrounds/rv parks in the area.
8 REPLIES 8

RicJones
Explorer
Explorer
If you are an A's fan and mostly going to their games then you probably want a park in the Mesa area. Their "new" field Hohokum is much nicer than there old one, but parking in kind of a pain.
Most of the big parks are well maintained and have lot's of activities, but are are for those over 55.

phi19l57
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info, All the state parks are full. I have been checking out the RV park reviews and there are a lot to pick from. Just checking to see what are of the favorites are. We are A's fans.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
We are at Lost Dutchman SP. There are sites specifically labeled as overflow sites. They are nice looking, regular sites. But I think they are dry camping. There is also an overflow parking lot, and it's close to a shower house. Apache Junction and Mesa are full of "Trailer parks", "RV Resorts", etc. The main section of both towns, for a few blocks around Apache Trail/Main Street, is loaded with older ones. They might not all be top notch but they are probably all acceptable. They are all heavily filled with park models, but most of them also have RV spots. There must be close to 100 of these parks. I am sure there is a vacancy somewhere.

Also, we toured Viewpoint RV park last week. There were definitely RV spots available. It's not cheap, but it's very nice. And they have two golf courses.

Go Cubs!
๐Ÿ™‚
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
RV parky app or RVparky.com. Enter the area where you want to stay
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

RicJones
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know how full the parks are due to snowbirds and spring training, but here are some suggestions:

Lost Dutchman State Park
Usery Mountain County Park
McDowell Mountain County Park
KOA in Apache Junction

What team(s)do you want to see? Phoenix is very large it it could take you an hour to get from one side to the other. The fields are pretty much split between the east and west sides of the city.
We are Angels fans so we stay in Mesa at Val Vista which is about 15 minutes from the field. From there it takes almost a hour to get to the fields on the west side.
Have fun and I'll see you there. :B

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
This post mentions ST. Parks may be full.

Mesa is close to 3 spring training facilities. Suggest you look at the Good Sam Directory on line or buy the book and make your reservations as soon as possible. Baseball tickets should be bought as soon as you can as well. Prices are getting higher every year:(

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
This post mentions ST. Parks may be full.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know how full the parks are due to snowbirds and spring training, but here are some suggestions:

Lost Dutchman State Park
Usery Mountain County Park
McDowell Mountain County Park
KOA in Apache Junction

Check RV Park Reviews under Mesa and Apache Junction. Lots and lots of RV parks, some over 55.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara