cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gulf Breeze RV Resort, Gulf Shores, AL

Much2See
Explorer
Explorer
We're thinking about wintering here for the 2016/2017 season. Has anyone been to this campground and can anyone tell me about the area? This is our first snowbird venture. I'm not even sure what questions I should ask.......
6 REPLIES 6

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Go South of Orlando, FL. Too cold any further North.

Much2See
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all responses. This would be for next winter, Thumb. You're right, there's not much left available for this coming winter. I'm also concerned about the cold but, coming from upstate NY, I guess it's all relative. Decisions, decisions.

rctaw
Explorer
Explorer
As far as the park itself, it is well maintained and nice. It has asphalt roads and most sites have asphalt/concrete pads, some with grills. They are of average width, but all are long. The corner sites are much bigger than the rest of the sites. The newer sites in back are also a little bigger. We are not full-timers but it appears that there is a lot to do for full-timers/snowbirds. I always see a lot of planned events on the signs and people taking part in them. We go during the Feb-Mar time frame and use the heated pool and Hot Tub. There are not many children in the park during the winter. It seems to be well run from a management standpoint though some people think it can be a little to rulesy. Like previous posters have said, it is still pretty cold in the Dec-Feb time frame. The area is nice with plenty of good restaurants (Lambert's is our favorite) and shopping (Tanger Outlets) within a five minute drive. The beach is ten minutes away. Golf is very close. You will be able to find everything that you need in the immediate area.

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
I can tell you that it can get downright chilly during the day there in January and February. And the rainy days can be cold. However, there can be some nice days, sunny and in the 60s, so I guess it depends on how warm you want it.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
To me, the Northern Gulf Coast is too cold in winter. Yes, you are out of the snow and ice, but the moist air off the gulf can make it pretty dang uncomfortable when temps drop to the 50s. A quick Google search shows the average daily high in December thru February is in very low 60s and lows each night into the 40s. I would go much further south.

Thumb
Explorer
Explorer
Much2See wrote:
We're thinking about wintering here for the 2016/2017 season. Has anyone been to this campground and can anyone tell me about the area? This is our first snowbird venture. I'm not even sure what questions I should ask.......

Try RVPark reviews and see what folks are saying
I winter in Gulf Shores every year that health allows
I've been by that park many times but can't help you much with detail
I'm thinking you might have a problem getting long term winter reservations anywhere in the area this late in the year

Might get in for a short stay?

Good luck