cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hagerstown-Antietam Battlefield KOA, Williamsport, Maryland

Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone stayed at this campground recently? Opinions of RVparkreviews are mixed. My concern is about the entrance road that many reviewers mention. I have a Class B RV and do not think that it would be the same problem for me as it seems to be for large rigs, but the satellite images on Google maps pretty much just show the tops of the trees that cover most of this road so it is hard to judge what this road is really like. We would be arriving at night - so this makes the road a concern also.

Any opinions at all - about the roads getting in and out - and any other comments about this campground would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road
18 REPLIES 18

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
1775, since you mentioned Big Pool, are you familiar with Fort Frederick State Park?

http://dnr2.maryland.gov/publiclands/Pages/western/fortfrederick.aspx
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS

Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reports. We were at Yogi there two years in a row and will never go back. We had problems both years and only went back the second year to see if things had gotten better. They didn't. We were out for a day and when we came back in the late afternoon, they put someone else in our site and had very poor sites to offer us for that night. They were not apologetic and could not understand why we were unhappy about it all. We went all the way to Yogi corporate with our complaint.

Harpers Ferry may be too far as this will be a base for us to attend an event in Big Pool, MD. Plans now look like they may have to change but if we go we may try the Williamsport KOA.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
PackerBacker wrote:
LumpyOatmeal wrote:

There is a farm road next to the HILL sites. Diesel trucks & ATVs - All hours day & night. I think they did it on purpose.

Been there several times both summer & fall and never heard or noticed any of this. :h

I wonder if Lumpy was there during a harvest season? could cause a bit more vehicle movement at the farm.
bumpy

Community Alumni
Not applicable
LumpyOatmeal wrote:

There is a farm road next to the HILL sites. Diesel trucks & ATVs - All hours day & night. I think they did it on purpose.

Been there several times both summer & fall and never heard or noticed any of this. :h

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
LumpyOatmeal wrote:

Also a lot of poorly maintained permanent trailers.

I have never noticed/experienced that.
bumpy

LumpyOatmeal
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on what "Lynnmor" posted.

Also a lot of poorly maintained permanent trailers.

As "Hawk7' said - Harpers Ferry KOA or Yogi's - better choises.

Mixed Reviews.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Hawk7 wrote:
There is also Yogi's Jellystone in Williamsport.

that place is a zoo and I am sure won't fit Lynmor's requirements. OK if you have rugrats and can stand the commotion.
bumpy

Hawk7
Explorer
Explorer
We have never camped there but my husband and I have been there to check out the campsites. The road is a small country road. You won't have a problem in a class b getting there. But there are low branches and potholes. With that being said.. the sites are close together. Harper's Ferry KOA is much nicer and easier to get to. There is also Yogi's Jellystone in Williamsport.
2015 Skyline Dart 214BH Traded in for 2016.5 Skyline Javelin 285rb
2011 Ford F150 Lariat Ecoboost Super Crew

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
1775 wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
Was there last summer, won't be back.

What did you find wrong?

Site was extremely sloped uphill. I needed all the sewer hose I had and then stretched. A kid lost control of her bicycle on the stoney hill and crashed into my truck. Noise from rednecks running their mopeds. ETC.

Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:

What did you find wrong?

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Traffic on the road is very light, so most visits we had the road to ourselves.

now that I think of it, I have been there numerous times and I don't remember ever meeting another vehicle on that road.
bumpy

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We haven't stayed there for a couple of years, but as said, the roadway to the park is a narrow country road. That said, we had no problems getting in or out with our coach, even passing a DP going the other way one time. Traffic on the road is very light, so most visits we had the road to ourselves.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Good place, stayed there several times with both our coach and tt. Never had any issues getting into campsites. The place fills up on weekends so reservations are a good idea.

Only issue is the cost, it's very expensive even for an KOA.