cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Has cell service improved in Death Valley?

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
Last time I was there, I think we had sporadic service around Furnace Creek, but I could be mistaken. Anyone know? We have Verizon.
7 REPLIES 7

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, we were there and found Verizon was on extended service at Furnace Creek. Calls worked fine. Internet was slow and intermittent. Rest of park zero cell service.

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
We were there two weeks ago, Verizon cell service was adequate for phones at the Furnace Creek Federal Campground, but very slow data. At the Sunset campground there was phone but no data connection, even with a Wilson booster.
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.

Wavesprite
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were there February 2014 and Verizon only at Furnace Creek.

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I was in Furnace Creek Dec. 2014 and had good VZ service in the campground. Nearly all the rest of the park no service. Zero at Mesquite Springs.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
For some reason, that one piece of information is so hard for me to remember about where I 've been.

The Verizon coverage map doesn't look good for there, voice or data. For what that's worth.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
othertonka wrote:
Last time I was there cell service was good and improved near Furnace creek ranch on Verision. service around Stove pipe wells and other parts of the park were non existence.

X2
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
Last time I was there cell service was good and improved near Furnace creek ranch on Verision. service around Stove pipe wells and other parts of the park were non existence.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD