cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you been to Yellowstone in the winter?

realter
Explorer
Explorer
I've read Yellowstone is so nice in the winter. I'm considering going there in February or early March. Anybody have any suggestions.? Thanks.
20 REPLIES 20

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
no I haven't. I don't even like to go outside to get the paper in the morning and I can't get the dog to do it for me either.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
My sis and her hubby did it a few years ago. They had some sort of package deal (not a tour group) that included lodging, car rental, snowmobile self-guided tours, and tours on the Snowcat thing. They loved it, and had a blast.

The snowmobile company rented gear to them, and someone sent them a list of other recommended clothing. Things like a balaclava, layered outerwear, insulated boots, etc. That would be something to research before you go.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to stay home, keep warm, and watch the Yellowstone webcams.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

wcbass
Explorer
Explorer
We did our first winter visit in February of this year. It was amazing! We stayed two nights in the Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel, then took the snow coach to the Snow Lodge (Old Faithful) and stayed 3 nights there. We did a tour of the lower loop. We have worked 8 summers in the park and were blown away with our winter visit. If you want to go and stay in the park, call NOW for reservations. I made our reservations in August and our choices were somewhat limited. But, by all means, go!
2011 Cameo 35SB3 Fifth wheel
2015 Ford F350 4x4

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
We have been, but with a snowmobile guided trip and stayed in hotels. It is beautiful and not many visitors, and you can see lots of animals.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We went to West Yellowstone a couple years ago over Christmas. Were to take a Sno-Cat into park but there wasn't enough snow so went in tour van. great to see the bison and elk around the thermal areas. Many coyotes.
It was cold but sunny. Very warm in the rig.
Make sure where you are going is open. Reservations for some is necessary.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker