cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hot Springs, AR cg's. Suggestions

TnCamperMama
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. We're thinking for our big trip this year of heading over towards Hot Springs. We're just outside Memphis, and have been there on long weekend trips, but not camping.
I've been looking, but can't quite decide on which cg to book. I need to do it soon though b/c it's filling up fast.
We have 2 boys, and would like to take them to see the Hot Springs attractions, but still enjoy some quiet down time at the cg. I know from reading Lake Catherine is the party place and lake Quachita is more quiet. I just don't want to have to drive 45 minutes into town.
we have a 31ft tt, too and I'd prefer full hookup site.
We know what we plan to do there and see, just not sure where to stay and when our dates are. DH started a new job recently and won't have vac. till June, so it will either be the week before the 4th or shortly after. I expect crowds and used to the heat and humidity.
Where does your family like to stay? Thanks
Proud owners of 2006 Keystone Hornet 31ft. BH. Camp with the DH, 2 DS, & Axel the Rottweiler.
http://thefrugalhappycampers.blogspot.com/
10 REPLIES 10

rvnutts
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love Lake Catherine. Also stayed at Cloud Nine a couple of times. No pool but a nice club house with pool table. Kids enjoyed that.
Brian and Lynn
2017 Ram 2500 SLT 6.7L
2013 Heartland Big Country 3250ts

ddndoug
Explorer
Explorer
We had a good time at Hot Springs KOA. Nice campground and pool for the kids to enjoy.

Doug
2009 Four Winds Hurricane 33T
F53 Ford Chassis w/Triton V-10

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
bogeygolfer wrote:
Love, love, love Lake Ouachita. Camped there twice in the summer with our two boys and friends. Full hookups available. It's not a bad drive into town, either; I don't remember it being 45 min.; more like 20-25.

X2

We have stayed at both Lake Catherine SP and Lake Quachita SP during visits to the Hot Springs area. Lake Quachita wins for much nicer sites and a better overall park. Try for the full hookup area (Area A?) since the sites have more privacy. The ride into town is not bad and there is a nice restaurant called Home Plate nearby if you want to eat out.

Us Memphis area people have to stick together!!
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!

bogeygolfer
Explorer
Explorer
Love, love, love Lake Ouachita. Camped there twice in the summer with our two boys and friends. Full hookups available. It's not a bad drive into town, either; I don't remember it being 45 min.; more like 20-25.
2002 KZ Sportsman 2405
2005 Duramax
1996 Foretravel U295

stuckinthesand
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the National Park, we liked it.

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Consider camp area "C" which is closest to the lake. All the even # sites are lakeside. Or camp area "B" #'s 10,19,20,27-32.

We were there in August and had never got the feeling that it was a party place either.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

southerngirl76
Explorer
Explorer
I agree. I would never consider Lake Catherine a party place. Beautiful, quiet and just a really relaxing park.

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Lake Catherine SP several times. We have always thoroughly enjoyed it. Did not find it to be the "party Place" at all. Very close to Hot Springs.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
Seymore wrote:
We stayed at Lake Catherine last August. They have full hoolups. Beautiful place and close to Hot Springs. I highlly recomend it.

X2, another great AR State Park.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".

Seymore
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Lake Catherine last August. They have full hoolups. Beautiful place and close to Hot Springs. I highlly recomend it.
TV 2014 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
Trailer 2014 Rockwood Roo 21SS Equalizer Hitch