cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hurricane Joaquin - BIG CHANGE IN PLANS

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
For six months I had plans to head south to Florida on Oct 3rd. Well, the pending hurricane has made a serious dent in those plans. Will be sitting out the storm here at home and then plan to leave on Monday or Tuesday.

Anyone else changing plans because of the hurricane?
22 REPLIES 22

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
wkmeup2 wrote:
might want to check the weather again - according to what I see, the rain and inclement weather is actually headed towards Pennsylvania, not Florida.

That is why he is staying in PA until the storm passes.

Good move OP.

Safe travels.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling on 81, I wouldn't worry about a storm that is not even supposed to make landfall. Keep your plans and don't worry so much.

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
phillyg wrote:
I'd think you'll be okay if you take 81 vice 95. Forecasters are still conflicted if it will make landfall and where, and one track shows it moving eastward.

Earlier today I was considering the I81 option. Quickly realized that area will be getting rain too.

So we finally concluded it would be best to sit tight for a few days and let the weather move by. No need to rush to Florida.

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
wkmeup2 wrote:
might want to check the weather again - according to what I see, the rain and inclement weather is actually headed towards Pennsylvania, not Florida.

Yep....I know it's heading toward Pennsylvania. That's where I'm leaving from...thus my plans have been changed.

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
I'd sit tight, heavy rain on 81 can be miserable too. We had plans for Blackwater Falls W VA but aren't going.
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd think you'll be okay if you take 81 vice 95. Forecasters are still conflicted if it will make landfall and where, and one track shows it moving eastward.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

AdirondackJack
Explorer
Explorer
Our Tampa weather people have the storm tracking toward the Outer Banks and missing FL. Kind of looks like another Irene shaping up for starters but who knows. We were bummed that we had to RV back South early this Fall (last week) but now maybe I'm thinking it was for the better. The next few weeks will tell.
2011 Excel 30RSO, 32', 3 slides, 4-Season 5th Wheel
2011 Ford F-250 XLT Super Duty, 6.2L V8, 385hp

Exploring & writing about life along the Snowbird RV Routes

wkmeup2
Explorer
Explorer