cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is Rincon Parkway, Ventura CA starting reservations?

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
Heard a rumor that Ventura County parks is going to switch from first come basis to reservations, any truth to the rumor? I don't see how they can with their site parking along PCH and no kiosk or camp hosts. They would probably have to increase fee and have some way to monitor those occupying the sites 24/7. ???????
23 REPLIES 23

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
Going to be a real mess the first few months with those having reservations and finding someone in their space. According to the Ventura County Board of Supervisors latest meetings, online payment only. Lots more information on their website of last Tuesday's agenda and minutes.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
They were probably tired of all the problems created by locals who daisy chain the spots thru friends and family
There are always those few cheats and scoundrels among us who, by their inconsiderate actions, force rules and regulations upon us.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
I thought Ventura County already solved the problem of a camper staying all summer or a long time by limiting their stay to 30 days?? Like dons2346 we wouldn't stay there, just too noisy and too much traffic. We were park hosts at Emma Wood, down the street.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
Stayed there once, never again so you don't have to worry about me taking a spot
Yeah, it's a pretty crowded noisy place. Didn't stay long, but like the Q everyone should do it once.

In the old days there was also Orick, but that was shut down maybe 10 years ago now.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed there once, never again so you don't have to worry about me taking a spot

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
They were probably tired of all the problems created by locals who daisy chain the spots thru friends and family or Renting out the spots,now maybe everyone will have a equal chance to use it.

That's exactly why they are doing it. Going to be a mess and a lot of unhappy campers!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
They were probably tired of all the problems created by locals who daisy chain the spots thru friends and family or Renting out the spots,now maybe everyone will have a equal chance to use it.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

DAS26miles
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, passed today 5-0. Starts later this year. Reservations for Rincon Parkway. AHHHHH!

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I hope not.