cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

KOA

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, one night at a KOA in Sioux Falls, South Dakota was $60, guess this is the last KOA I will stay at! Stayed in a nice campground near Mt. Rushmore for $40.
๐Ÿ˜ž
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
81 REPLIES 81

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
KOA's have always cost an arm and a leg.

We crossed them off our list many years ago.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Anmacc2 wrote:
My DW has a serious health issue. KOAs are all networked so emergency response has easy access to directions if needed. Response can come right to your site. To each their own but we stay almost exclusively at KOAs.

For the most part, this can happen anywhere. We had an ambulance and firetruck in a park right at our site in Tucson, not a KOA. They knew the location from my smart phone even though I was a babbling idiot on the cell phone.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Anmacc2
Explorer
Explorer
My DW has a serious health issue. KOAs are all networked so emergency response has easy access to directions if needed. Response can come right to your site. To each their own but we stay almost exclusively at KOAs.
Me & Her since 1977
TV 2014 Ford E350 Superduty
TT 2015 keystone Passport Elite 23RB
Boat 20' TriumphDC

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Didn't you check pricing BEFORE arriving?

And if it was too high why complete check in -----just go elsewhere.

No I didn't but I was tired and I can afford it for 1 night, I just don't like to get ripped off. That is the highest price I have ever paid in 50 years of camping! To each his own but I think it is too high when you can stay in a beautiful area like the Black hills for less with just as many amenities as this! I just want people to know what to expect here. The park is nice although the interstate is near and the noise is noticeable, the people are nice but it just seems unreasonable to me (but I am old!) :W
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

rarintogo
Explorer
Explorer
We've been on the road for 3 weeks and have found the KOA's we have stayed in were well worth their money. We weren't forced to stay here. The nicest one we have found yet is the KOA in Bernalillo, NM. We will stay here from now on when we are in the area. It's too bad people are always bad mouthing KOA. If it too much for you, don't stay there. We have stayed in plenty of rv parks that were cheaper and you could tell why. It's a matter of choice. That is what is so great about rving. ๐Ÿ™‚
Joe and Joy
'04 Winnebago Itasca Sunrise - 34D
W22 Workhorse, Banks Power Pack, Bilstein Shocks, Davis TruTrac,
Jeep Liberty Toad.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Depends on location. I have paid $115 (Asphalt parking lot) and there is one close by that is $225(very crammed in). Neither is KOA.

Sure KOA is a few $$ more at times... they are very full also so how can you knock them for it?
While I don't really seek out KOA I have always had a pleasant stay when I do.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Didn't you check pricing BEFORE arriving?

And if it was too high why complete check in -----just go elsewhere.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31