cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake Ray Roberts

T_bone1
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip to Aubrey Tx for a wedding in August..Am looking at staying at Lake RR,and need some more info on the lake..The Tx parks website is lacking .
2017 Georgetown 329S
2015 Toyota Tacoma toad
7 REPLIES 7

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Dallas/Fort Worth area state parks are the most expensive in the state. As the legislature has cut more and more support for state parks, they have had to charge more like commercial campgrounds to stay open. Really sad. Almost like the politicians in Austin want the parks to fail.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

FordDiesel250
Explorer
Explorer
Ray Roberts is a nice park whether you stay on the North side (Johnson Branch) or south side (Isle of of Du Bois)..while you are there be sure and eat at Babes great food and great atmosphere

T_bone1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies..I don't mind hot and humid,that is the reason we have two ACs..I do not like the kind of weather they are having there right now!!!Not real sure why Texas parks are so expensive..not a fan of the pricing structure..
2017 Georgetown 329S
2015 Toyota Tacoma toad

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Just know that it will be VERY hot & humid in August in this part of Texas!
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Isle of Dubois is a very nice campground on the Lake. When you to Aubrey, there are 2 state park campgrounds, you definitely want the one called Isle of Dubois. You can reserve a site but not THE site. Basically a reservation guarantees you a spot but the spot won't be assigned until you arrive. They have a computer screen at the front desk that will show you the sites available or you can just drive around before you take a spot. We live nearby and like to go there for quick weekends.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

Trlrboy
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at the Isle du Bois area of the park. It's very close to Aubrey. Nice park with good campsites. Take a look at my signature PHOTOLINK and you will find an entire album of pictures from the park.
2010 Montana 3400RL
Chevy 2500HD Duramax

PHOTOLINK

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I stayed at the north part in November. Huge place with dry camping.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman