cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaving Florida, how is I-75 north traffic

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Leaving Tampa area on Saturday morning on our way to Ohio. Anyone with info about how bad spring break/ snowbird traffic is?
9 REPLIES 9

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies and info. Yup, our park in Largo is getting pretty deserted too.
We were concerned as Disney was hour waits this week. We thought it was busier tan we expected for after Spring breakers were supposed to be gone!

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
We're about an hour south of you In Cortez...most of the snowbirds have flown the coop, we're leaving in two weeks.
It's quite pleasant now to head out to Anna Marie, no traffic and it takes us about 3 minutes to get there!
Safe travels, enjoy the ride!

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Traffic is traffic changes minute by minute. If leaving Saturday and not pushing it, stop south of Atlanta and move on through early Sunday should be a breeze that's what we always do it.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

michigan
Explorer
Explorer
Just made the trip this last Tuesday and Wednesday from Orlando to Michigan. The traffic wasn't real bad except before and after Knoxville mostly caused by heavy truck traffic. Most of the time we traveled at the posted speed limit. There is road constuction near Lexington but drove though no problem and there is a lot of construction in Ohio causing some backups in Cincinnati.

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Was it ok before/ after accident? Or was it bumper to bumper all the way?

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
we came up 2 days ago to Ocala and there was an accident heading north and the traffic was bumper to bumper. We exited I-75 and took US301.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
We left Florida this pass Monday. Made a two day trip to Knoxville. I-75 traffic was OK. Went thru Atlanta on I-75 Tuesday morning between 10 and 11 am without any major slowdown.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We came up I-75 the second week-end of March (2nd week-end of the "official" Florida Spring Break season). Even then, we had no problem traveling this route. We came up around Cincinnati and then over to Indianapolis. The worst traffic was actually in Florida North of Panama City. After we got out of Florida, traffic lightened up. No problem. I think the Spring Break season is now over.

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know how helpful this will be, but here in the Florida Panhandle spring break is pretty much over. Traffic has died back down to about normal. The snowbirds generally leave before the spring breakers arrive so that won't be an issue.

In addition, most spring breakers don't wake up until after 10:00, so if you're on the road early they'll still be in bed.