cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a NW Iowa park

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
We live (during the summer) in SE Iowa and have some friends in NE South Dakota who we'd like to meet about halfway between. A county/city/state park would be fine. it would be just for a few days so full hookups aren't necessary, but 50 amps would be preferred. There aren't any state parks in the area that I've been able to find. Does anyone have any recommendations for city or county parks? Both units would be considered big rigs (37' or so) Even a small private campground would be acceptable. Thanks.
'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg
6 REPLIES 6

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your header says NW Iows and the copy reads SE. Try this site. It sure helps us.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Addy15
Explorer
Explorer
We just spent a couple of days at Newton Hills State Park south of Sioux Falls, SD. In that corner of the state that is just across the border from both Iowa and Minnesota. Very nice park. 50 amp service and big rig friendly with big, level sites. Would be very nice for the outing you describe. Blue Mound State Park in far southern Minnesota (near NW Iowa and SD) is also a nice park. (Sorry I didn't see your post sooner.)

8ntw8tn
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies.
'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
Pammel park in Forest City. Can handle big rigs but I think it is only 30amps. Itโ€™s where many people stay while waiting for service at the Winnebago factory.

wski
Explorer
Explorer
Checkout Swiss Valley in Dubuque, IA. Nice county park with water and electric on site. Dump station is located next to the bathhouses. Stayed there for 8 days in June and plan to return next year.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Cherokee Iowa has a nice small city park with full hookups. They don't take reservations.