cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a park around Clearwater FL

darlingtontrio
Explorer
Explorer
Next summer we are planning on taking out daughter to Clearwater Marine Aquarium and want to take the camper. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good park around Clearwater. We are looking for one that may also have a pool, you something to help keep our daughter occupied when we are not out goofing off. We will probly be there for a couple of days and then head to the beach for a few days before heading home. Thanks.
2013 Ford F150 STX
2001 Jayco Kiwi Hybrid 23B
12 REPLIES 12

darlingtontrio
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone I will check a few of these out. We are wanting to take our daughter and possibly one of her friends to Clearwater Marine Aquarium where Winter the Dolphin is from the movie Dolphin Tale. We are also going to goof off for the week with no real plans yet on anything to do. We are thinking the beach, a pool is no big deal, we live an hour from Myrtle Beach and the ocean is fine with us.
2013 Ford F150 STX
2001 Jayco Kiwi Hybrid 23B

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
The closest one I know of on Tampa side would be Bay Bayou.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Any RV park on SR-60 AKA Gulf to Bay, is NOT recommended. Yes, there are several and not one of them is in a desirable neighborhood. Pinellas County is my old stomping grounds and I would NOT stay at any park on Gulf to Bay. If you don't believe me, contact the Pinellas County Sheriffs Office and ask for crime statistics on the length of Gulf to Bay.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

captbru
Explorer
Explorer
Here's one in Clearwater, never stayed there. Someone else may know.

http://www.clearwatertravelresort.net/

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not 100 percent sure, But I believe the aquarium you referenced is a rescue park. If that is place you will be hard pressed to spend two days there as when I was there they only had a dolphin and a couple of turtles. As they run off of donations and admission it's an OK place as they need all the help financially as they can get. JMO
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
x3 on Fort DeSoto being very nice park, but it is over 30 miles and possibly about an hour drive from Clearwater.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Ft Desoto is MILES south of the area you want to be in Clearwater, plus horrendous traffic to get there. The recommendation for Dunedin RV Resort is probably the best, but also the most expensive. Just a mile north is Sherwood Forest RV Resort , which is also on the Pinellas Trail, with a pool and about ยพ the cost of Dunedin RV Resort. The beach is just a mile down the Dunedin causeway, toward Honeymoon Island or there is one on Caladesi Island SP, accessible by ferry from the Dunedin Causeway.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

TNRIVERSIDE
Explorer
Explorer
Bears Den wrote:
Fort Desoto. It is a county park in Pinellas County. Unless a pool is a must they have some beautiful beaches and walking/riding paths. It's the only place I go in that area. I'm sure there are plenty more but I'm not an asphalt parking lot kind of guy.

X2
2014 Coleman CTS192RD. 2009 F150 4X4, 5.4, 3.31
Jeff

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
I also recommend Dunedin RV Park. Nice place. Also right on the Pinellas Trail for biking and you can easily bike to the beach.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Did you search this Forum for Clearwater in the RV Parks section. I think there is a KOA close. Pools aren't big because most parks in the winter are full of Seniors and it doesn't usually get warm enough.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Fort Desoto. It is a county park in Pinellas County. Unless a pool is a must they have some beautiful beaches and walking/riding paths. It's the only place I go in that area. I'm sure there are plenty more but I'm not an asphalt parking lot kind of guy.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

chezhead
Explorer
Explorer
Try this in Dunedin. Nice pool and close to the beach.

Dunedin RV Park
Mark & Cheryl
2008 Bounder 36D
2020 Buick Envision Toad