cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for campsite on 16 in Bighorns

SleepyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
Early July we will be traveling from Yellowstone (out the east entrance) to Devil's Tower. Our route will take us on 16 over the Bighorns. Thought it would be nice to stay in the mountains somewhere along 16 to break up the drive.

Saw Lakeview Campground in Bighorn National Forest (Worland, WY) as a possibility. Pictures on Allstays look nice but wanted to see if anyone else has stayed or would recommend someplace else with nice views on that route.

Thanks
Sleeping our way across the US
4 REPLIES 4

katleman
Explorer
Explorer
I have a preference for HWY 14 through the Bighorns, when heading to Rushmore from Yellowstone, several gems of campgrounds along there.

For 16, I would stay at national forest Island Park Campground.

Bighorns in general are a nice place to overnight between Yellowstone and Rushmore
Visted via RV

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
About 18 or so years ago we stayed at a small campground in Ten Sleep, right on 16. Don't remember the name , but it was a very short walk to the local establishments . Had a great time. It's on our list to revisit
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a small CG in Worland (north side of 16) We have admired it but the timing was not right for us to stay there overnight. Looks clean and inviting. Not sure about 'big rigs' however. Interesting name - "Worland RV Park and Campground". Very original ๐Ÿ˜‰

There is another in Ten Sleep that I thought was better looking (but I like western themes) It is called Ten Broek. Really looks great. Again, didn't stay there. Maybe next time we are through there.
Ten Sleep would be my choice. It is a delightful little town.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
There are many USFS campgrounds on that route, and none are ever very crowded.
Drive along and check them out until you find the one you like.