cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for RV park close to Wikee Watchee in Florida.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking at doing some canoeing at Weeki Watchee SP, but they don't have camping.

Can anyone recommend a good place that's fairly close?

Thanks,

Al
8 REPLIES 8

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Campground or RV park? There are a couple of RV/ mobile home parks on 50, west side of Brooksville. There are some manufactured home communities north of Weeki Wachee on US19, but I don't know if any have a transient section for RVs.

It is a long way from Weeki Wachee to any true campground, the area is pretty well developed.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies - I appreciate it.

Al

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park get rave reviews, it's in Crystal River.

X2
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park get rave reviews, it's in Crystal River.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to Chassahowitzka (it is a county park) which is only up the road a little bit.
We stay there lots of times.
The canoeing there is just as good if not better. It is spring fed and crystal clear. You can take side trips to various small spring runs off it, and one called the "Crack" is well worth paddling up. There is another that has some limestone pot holes where if you are brave you can dive down and go in one and while underwater swim to the next and come up in it.

A word of caution: don't go to either Weekeewatchee or Chassahotizka on the weekends. They are zoos.

If you want more info on either of them, and other good places to paddle check out our Google Web site
https://sites.google.com/site/flkeyskayaktrips
Scroll down to the "Springs Area" and they are under it.

If you are going in the winter months the trips describe where you are liable to find manatee

jack L
Jack & Nanci

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Chassahowitzka River Campground, about 16 miles north of Weeki Wachee Springs SP. While I've never camped there, the county park looks appealing to someone who enjoys public campgrounds.

oops... lap527 beat me to it.
RVn Full-time

captbru
Explorer
Explorer
There's not much close by. I would recommend the Encore park in Crystal River. The reason is they have a boat ramp and dock's on a canal that goes out to the crystal river. You like to canoe so this works just fine. You can drive about 25 miles to Wikee Watchee and also in crystal river there is hunter springs park that has a canoe and kayak launch. From hunter springs you can canoe all around kings bay and a lot of canal's. PM me if you want more info.

http://www.rvonthego.com/florida/crystal-isles-rv-resort/

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
Here is an Option...
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.