cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking to camp near Milton Delaware

Mysteryiam
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, and thanks in advance. We have friends that moved to Milton Delaware, and we want to visit for a few days at the end of September. It will be my wife and I with two dogs.

My choices are:

Brumbleys Family Park Campground in Milford

Homestead Campground in Georgetown

Tall Pines Mobile Home Resort

Big Oaks Family C.G.

any advise ??
Tom
4 REPLIES 4

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
What about Delaware Beaches Jellystone Park Camp-Resort? It is right off Route 1 about 5 miles north of Milton. It's a fairly nice park, albeit a little pricey. Also, there is very little shade at this park. The pool and store are very nice, and there are things for kids to do. The sites are decent size, mostly in a large field.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
Homestead is your best bet. It is only about 4 miles from Milton. The transient sites are huge and the place is very clean. It is a nice area.
Full timing it since July 2012

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
If you're a beer drinker, make sure you go to Dogfish head brewery in Milton. One of the best craft breweries on the east coast and that's coming from a westcoaster that's used to really good beer in the Kitsap county area of Washington.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Mysteryiam wrote:
Hi, and thanks in advance. We have friends that moved to Milton Delaware, and we want to visit for a few days at the end of September. It will be my wife and I with two dogs.

My choices are:

Brumbleys Family Park Campground in Milford

Homestead Campground in Georgetown

Tall Pines Mobile Home Resort

Big Oaks Family C.G.

any advise ??

Tom

Church CG right outside Milton

Then call ahead to see who has space.

IMHO you really are faced with a number of options - but they are all just CG's with the Church one (Please no adult beverages) your only one close.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach